| FTBL A stab at the spring depth chart...

TerryP said:
musso said:
TerryP said:
I'm not worried about it...Chavis is a good one to take over Fanney's role right now.

are we so desperate that we're asking Tenn's D-coordinator to suit up for us? damn, i'm really concerned now.

Hey, he runs a 9.9 40...and, at LB, it's all about the pursuit angles!!!

At this point, I'm more concerned with his evading than I am his pursuit.

TerryP said:
musso said:
TerryP said:
I'm not worried about it...Chavis is a good one to take over Fanney's role right now.

are we so desperate that we're asking Tenn's D-coordinator to suit up for us? damn, i'm really concerned now.

Hey, he runs a 9.9 40...and, at LB, it's all about the pursuit angles!!!

:lol: at that speed, i'd say it's not only about pursuit angles but foreknowledge.

rolltide333 said:
what bout star jackson at the QB position, didnt see you mention him any

Star Jackson is still in highschool and can't participate in spring drills. I'm sure he'll be a spectator on the sidelines though.

can anyone compare Love and Andre Smith as incoming freshmen?

i ask because if Love is good enough to contribute significantly, if not start, as Smith did as a freshman, then might we see Smith slide to one of the OG positions where depth might be thinner? or do you think it is more likely that Love is placed at RT and Johnson moved to OG?

seems to me that Smith has continually gained weight, and i've wondered if it is beginning to limit his mobility cause i saw him get beat a few times last season.

musso said:
can anyone compare Love and Andre Smith as incoming freshmen?

i ask because if Love is good enough to contribute significantly, if not start, as Smith did as a freshman, then might we see Smith slide to one of the OG positions where depth might be thinner? or do you think it is more likely that Love is placed at RT and Johnson moved to OG?

seems to me that Smith has continually gained weight, and i've wondered if it is beginning to limit his mobility cause i saw him get beat a few times last season.

Andre was stronger and more explosive at the same stage. Love has the better frame for tackle, but I just don't see him stepping in next year as a starter, on either side. Andre's ideal position would be guard, and in the NFL he will almost certainly be at guard, but he is athletic enough to get the job done (and do it well) at tackle in college. His weight does hold him back from being even better though, there is no doubt about that.

Saban should last year though that he likes those guys to be interchangeable... so anything can happen... especially if/when injuries come along.

Porterhouse said:
Andre was stronger and more explosive at the same stage. Love has the better frame for tackle, but I just don't see him stepping in next year as a starter, on either side. Andre's ideal position would be guard, and in the NFL he will almost certainly be at guard, but he is athletic enough to get the job done (and do it well) at tackle in college.

so would you say that Love has greater potential as an O-tackle than Smith?

Porterhouse wrote:
With Prince Hall removed, and Zeke's status still uncertain, the LB situation just went from bad to worse. Hightower, Harris, & Upshaw best be getting ready.

Inside LB is our weakness, isn't? For the fall, is Devonta Bolton or Square an option also?

Bamatilldeath said:
Porterhouse wrote:
With Prince Hall removed, and Zeke's status still uncertain, the LB situation just went from bad to worse. Hightower, Harris, & Upshaw best be getting ready.

Inside LB is our weakness, isn't? For the fall, is Devonta Bolton or Square an option also?

If you watch a lot of our games from last year, we only played one ILB the majority of the time. If Hightower can come in and prove to be a solid back-up, he and McClain should be able to hold down the inside position. Jennings Hester is another to watch in Spring drills. Hopefully he can have a big spring, because we're going to need him to step up in case of injuries.

I don't think we'll ever see Square without his hand in the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom