| FTBL A look at how many of Bama’s 2020 and 2021 recruits are still with the team.

Combination of the new realities of the portal and perhaps poor player evaluations? And player development isn’t what it used to be. Finally, does anyone think Saban and Pete made a mistake with Drew Sanders?

No. Drew is a beast. Who knows wht goes on but nick.

Gonna get a few. Lose a few

Combination of the new realities of the portal and perhaps poor player evaluations? And player development isn’t what it used to be. Finally, does anyone think Saban and Pete made a mistake with Drew Sanders?

I don't think they made a mistake from the standpoint that he was going to play over William Anderson, and with the way Dallas Turner came in and caught fire. You go with the hot hand late in the season.

Now, could they have worked him in at inside linebacker instead to see if he could offer something, of course. One would think the CFO and COO/CFO are able to foresee talent and make those kinds of decisions. They did not, he moved on and was allowed to be an athlete at Arkansas and had a killer season. He is now going Pro. I'm sure some of that was loyalty to players and promises Saban made to them. He appears to be a man of his word and he held true if that is any indication of how it actually went down. You win some, you lose some. Shane Lee had a great year at USC. He wasn't going to break into the lineup even after an admirable job as a Freshman. USC looks like a pretty rose there, but I don't think anyone was hurt on our side, so I say that worked out great for Shane and that makes me happy. I guess it's give an take and like playing the stock market a little. You win some, you lose some.

Nope. They did not make mistake with Sanders. Kid wanted to play... and probably wasnt on same page with coaching staff and what's funny is he left to play in same position he would've at Alabama, even through its' a different scheme. I think in the end, Sanders made the right choice. Kid is 1st round pick and had he stayed at alabama and started this year, He wouldn't be 1st round pick.

Kid wanted to play... and probably wasnt on same page with coaching staff and what's funny is he left to play in same position he would've at Alabama, even through its' a different scheme.
Would you agree that Sanders figuratively played the same position, but literally he didn't? "Even though it's a different scheme" = the position he plays is different.

IMO, its a combination of:
not getting playing time as soon as the player thought
the player not gaining weight or developing at his position
a player or two ahead of the transfer in the rotation
lack of development by the coaching staff
poor evaluation in the recruiting process
etc..

There was no mistake on Drew Sanders IMO. The kid can play ball!

IMO, its a combination of:
not getting playing time as soon as the player thought
the player not gaining weight or developing at his position
a player or two ahead of the transfer in the rotation
lack of development by the coaching staff
poor evaluation in the recruiting process
etc..

There was no mistake on Drew Sanders IMO. The kid can play ball!
I meant a mistake in not moving him into an inside linebacker slot.

Back
Top Bottom