| FTBL A Jalen Hurts National Championship Win Will be First for Alabama with a Black Quarterback

Now I am in my 60's and I have seen my share of prejudice talk growing up. Worked in the fields on a farm with black people and they had their own special water jug. I got chewed out when I drank from their Jug because I thought it was colder. My grandfather was respectful of all people and set the example for me to not judge any book by it's cover. I do know that there was a lot of ignorance about being prejudice. I will love the day that this discussion about being black or white or any color will be over. A long road has been traveled and then for some it is not far enough. I have no idea whether you are black, white, red, yellow, liberal, conservative, agnostic, attended college, graduated from anywhere, or you are going to be our next president. I know in my time on earth I ain't wasting my thoughts on judging other folks. It ain't productive and the only color that matters here is Crimson & White. Howard Cosell and many other mouths have lost careers for stupid statements about race or sexual comments. They are all ignorant.

As one of my favorite statements of all time. It just doesn't matter. Live your life to the best that you can and enjoy it. It will be over soon enough.

:agree: @RollllTide! I wish this too, but I don't think it will happen!

Too many benefit from keeping everyone divided. My city is like 50/50 white and black and every day 99% of us get along fine. That 1% gets all the media though. And they act like this town has race riots every other week or something. There is a huge dichotomy between the average person's every day life and how the media portrays that life. We have things to work on, but they are usually nowhere near as bad as the media tries to sell them.

Too many benefit from keeping everyone divided. My city is like 50/50 white and black and every day 99% of us get along fine. That 1% gets all the media though. And they act like this town has race riots every other week or something. There is a huge dichotomy between the average person's every day life and how the media portrays that life. We have things to work on, but they are usually nowhere near as bad as the media tries to sell them.
That's right. Don't listen to talking heads. None of them can claim to be a slave in current times. That's Democrats stirring the pot and trying to persuade the gullible. As the Donald said what have you got to loose. The most loyal person I know is a black lady that is one of our vendors. She hasn't missed a day of work in 25 years. 25 years is a testimony of her resolve. We wouldn't think of ever changing her for any one at any price.

Considering UA's history, having a black starting QB win a natty (even if he finished on the bench) is extremely important and meaningful. Great day for Bama football and the university as a whole.

I'd love to know how many Hawaiian QBs have come off the bench and won one though! ;)

Back
Top Bottom