| OT A Guns Thread

I got pulled over by a State Trooper way back around ‘95 or ‘96 following a baseball where I was the HC. On a side note, baseball coaches had to be in full uniform, so I wasn’t in street clothes. Trooper comes to my door and tells me why he had pulled me over, speeding. He asked for my license and I explained that they were in my wallet, in my street clothes in my bag, in the back of my Mustang. I explained that I needed to get out and pop the hatch, ‘91 LX 5.0 Red! We go to the back, I pop the hatch, retrieve my wallet and license and we go to his car to sit. While he is running my license and writing the ticket, he asks about the year and model of my car. He then tells me that he has one similar and that there is a hatch button in the glovebox. I explained to him that I had my Glock 23 in there and I really didn’t want to get shot when it fell out. He asked if I had a permit and when I told him that I did, he was good and continued writing the ticket!!
Those 5.0 LX models were fire. Had a college roommate from California that had a 1993 teal colored one. I liked them better than the GTs.

Dadgum, we were one "South Carolina Man" headline away from the site going down...
No shit, Tim, it happened. If I didn't have my flashlight in my hand he would have been dead. He didn't have any lights on his car. I told both of them they are dead if I didn't see the badges. They agreed, and that's why we had a cup of coffee at 5 in the morning.

PPK in hand. If I were to come out with my AR...might be dead right now. Someone would.

Some handle it well.. Some freak out and call for back up and pull their duty weapon out… Every cop should assume everyone is armed…”They should be nice and professional, yet have a plan to kill in the blink of an eye”.. (not my saying)…I would not usually ask about their armed status, unless key “indicators” were present… If they volunteered that information, I would ask where it was located…I would usually tell them not to make any furtive or lunge movements and we would be good for the duration… I would never ask them to hand it to me, (even though some had it sticking out the window or hand it to you)… If I did handle their weapon, I usually wouldn’t unload it, but would stick it in their trunk.. Then, I would say when the traffic stop is over. “You can step out and get it when I pull off”..I always tried to show appreciation for those who carry, because they just might save your ass one day…Some cops absolutely hate carriers and look for reasons to skin them up… especially open carriers.. I know several that used to watch open carriers until they got in the car… then they would run over and arrest them for concealed weapons charges… so that’s why I’m glad constitutional carry is an Alabama now..

In response to the officers that hate open carriers. I've never known an officer that would purposely wait until someone got into their vehicle to arrest a person for "carrying concealed". In any larger city, no one has time for that crap. I am glad constitutional carry is legal in Alabama now though. It just makes more sense.

In response to the officers that hate open carriers. I've never known an officer that would purposely wait until someone got into their vehicle to arrest a person for "carrying concealed". In any larger city, no one has time for that crap. I am glad constitutional carry is legal in Alabama now though. It just makes more sense.
Sad but true…Most cops hate open carry.. Fewer don’t mind it… It’s all about that an Officer chooses to use his discretion…

@Krimson This is why I love my local gun range. Every one is open carry. I was shooting with my M1 Ganard the other day with guy, and gals, asking if they can take a shot. This rifle is what..50 years old...off the battle grounds...and still fires true to the mark. I will never sell this gun. It's got a groove mark on it from someone trying to kill the guy. The stock looks like it was ground out with a router...but it was a bullet.

Sad but true…Most cops hate open carry.. Fewer don’t mind it… It’s all about that an Officer chooses to use his discretion…

The thing that's interesting about "open carry", at least in Alabama.....it's never been against the law to "open carry". As long as you legally possess the gun and aren't carrying on private property without the private property owner's consent, it's always been legal (there are places that a firearm can't be carried, prisons, courthouses, public assembles, etc). I don't think people realize that. Additionally, in 2013 the State of Alabama enacted a law that allowed someone to carry a firearm openly in a holster or secured manner is not considered disorderly conduct.

Once again, knowing the law, know where you are and your attitude towards whoever is the police authority goes a long way. The problem begins when people try to "bait" the police and instigate a problem.

A reason a lot of LEO's hate open carry is because a large portion of people in the OC crowd are absolute morons with little to no gun training... it's nothing more than a walking hood ornament for them. You can spot 'em from a mile away... gun on hip, completely unprotected, as stanger(s) are within inches from them in public settings...

It's got a jerk you have to position your elbow with for two round in the center. A BIG jerk.
The day I got rid of it, traded it in for a new ‘96 S Blazer 4 door, I got pulled over by our local police where I was coaching at the time. I passed them as they were going the opposite direction. When they finally caught me, he wasn’t very happy! He asked for my license and when he saw me, he said “Coach, where in the Hell are you going so damn fast?” I told him I was headed to get rid of this “police magnet”. He told me to be careful and handed my license back! Before he could get in his car, I slung gravel all over the hood of his patrol car!!!😂

The thing that's interesting about "open carry", at least in Alabama.....it's never been against the law to "open carry". As long as you legally possess the gun and aren't carrying on private property without the private property owner's consent, it's always been legal (there are places that a firearm can't be carried, prisons, courthouses, public assembles, etc). I don't think people realize that. Additionally, in 2013 the State of Alabama enacted a law that allowed someone to carry a firearm openly in a holster or secured manner is not considered disorderly conduct.

Once again, knowing the law, know where you are and your attitude towards whoever is the police authority goes a long way. The problem begins when people try to "bait" the police and instigate a problem.
If the sheriffs and law-enforcement lobbies would have agreed to a law that you have permitless vehicle transport, there would not have been a constitutional carry amendment… it would’ve made a vehicle and extension of your home …but the sheriffs demanded you pay for a permit even to have a pistol in your vehicle… they wouldn’t compromise… so that’s when they started going for the constitutional carry law… the sheriffs Association didn’t think it would pass…… now they want to only make that available to 21 years and older… they are trying to “correct” the law… there is also now a movement to make you get permits for AR 15 top rifles, in the State House… Hopefully it goes nowhere…

@Krimson This is why I love my local gun range. Every one is open carry. I was shooting with my M1 Ganard the other day with guy, and gals, asking if they can take a shot. This rifle is what..50 years old...off the battle grounds...and still fires true to the mark. I will never sell this gun. It's got a groove mark on it from someone trying to kill the guy. The stock looks like it was ground out with a router...but it was a bullet.
Love guns with stories. Tried to refinish my dad's 69 A5 for him, he said the scars all told stories.

A reason a lot of LEO's hate open carry is because a large portion of people in the OC crowd are absolute morons with little to no gun training... it's nothing more than a walking hood ornament for them. You can spot 'em from a mile away... gun on hip, completely unprotected, as stanger(s) are within inches from them in public settings...
Prefer concealed cause I know who I'd shoot first.

If the sheriffs and law-enforcement lobbies would have agreed to a law that you have permitless vehicle transport, there would not have been a constitutional carry amendment… it would’ve made a vehicle and extension of your home …but the sheriffs demanded you pay for a permit even to have a pistol in your vehicle… they wouldn’t compromise… so that’s when they started going for the constitutional carry law… the sheriffs Association didn’t think it would pass…… now they want to only make that available to 21 years and older… they are trying to “correct” the law… there is also now a movement to make you get permits for AR 15 top rifles, in the State House… Hopefully it goes nowhere…
Hopefully not.

Also in my county you can discharge your firearm on your property.
Also public beaches, it’s kinda funny duck hunters always hunt behind pirtofino “exclusive beach condos” people from out of town always call the police and they tell thrm every time that it’s legal to hunt on the beach…

Always makes me laugh. The hunters don’t actually set up or shoot where people “go to the beach” out of mutual respect for the vacationing people.

Back
Top Bottom