| OT A feel good story of a brave young lady…

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Some may have been following the story of Lulu Gribbin, some may have never heard of her. She’s the teenager from Mountain Brook that was nearly killed by a shark attack down near Ft. Walton Beach back in June. It was basically a set of miracles set into motion that day that allowed her to live. She was recently sent home after being in the hospital all summer. She and her family have been open about the recovery road she’s been on. Seems every photo or video I’ve seen of her since the week of the attack, she is smiling, which in and of itself is amazing. It was good to see that she and her family got to enjoy the Bama game last night in grand style. She deserves all the happiness.

Photos from James Spann’s Facebook page…

IMG_1552.jpeg
IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpegIMG_1551.jpeg

At some point I pray people will learn going to the beach and getting in the ocean is not what it's cracked up to be. The only valid argument might be Ft. Morgan. But, the last time I was there that water was full of jellyfish.

At some point I pray people will learn going to the beach and getting in the ocean is not what it's cracked up to be. The only valid argument might be Ft. Morgan. But, the last time I was there that water was full of jellyfish.

Whoa now. Getting in the water (at the nicer beaches, which in the continental US is pretty much limited to the panhandle), is the best part.

Whoa now. Getting in the water (at the nicer beaches, which in the continental US is pretty much limited to the panhandle), is the best part.
As mentioned. :)

I appreciate the white beaches found around Ft. Morgan and that area. The water? Still nasty. How different is it than taking a bath after a 300lb street walker did in the same water?

I'll "do the beach scene" to play sand Volleyball on IOP. The beach, to me, is a lot like @alabama mike and his retirement. After 20 minutes, I'm bored. I like hot weather but don't see the reasoning behind being on the beach in hot weather.

Literally. There are showers on the beach. Why? You won't convince me EVERYTHING about the beach is overrated. Sex on the beach? IN the sand?

As mentioned. :)

I appreciate the white beaches found around Ft. Morgan and that area. The water? Still nasty. How different is it than taking a bath after a 300lb street walker did in the same water?

I'll "do the beach scene" to play sand Volleyball on IOP. The beach, to me, is a lot like @alabama mike and his retirement. After 20 minutes, I'm bored. I like hot weather but don't see the reasoning behind being on the beach in hot weather.

Literally. There are showers on the beach. Why? You won't convince me EVERYTHING about the beach is overrated. Sex on the beach? IN the sand?
I don't like the beach but I love the water. Diving, snorkeling, spear fishing, etc. I wouldn't go to the beach if I wasn't getting in the water. Give me key west water any day

I don't like the beach but I love the water. Diving, snorkeling, spear fishing, etc. I wouldn't go to the beach if I wasn't getting in the water. Give me key west water any day
Let's be clear here. You guys are pointing to 1 percent of the beaches in this world and saying, "there's the reason."

The only thing in your list I've not done is diving.

My opinion is definitely "based."

Let's be clear here. You guys are pointing to 1 percent of the beaches in this world and saying, "there's the reason."

I'm not a beach fan... in fact, I'm trying to get out of having to go down to Orange Beach later this month. But the Gribbin girl was at one of those 1% beaches. And I wouldn't even put the Alabama beaches in that category if you include water quality. If the water is nice and clear... to me, if you're down there, it's hard to beat getting in and enjoying it. I agree completely I don't understand the hype and love for most every other beach... so yes, this is strictly a 1% deal.

I'm not a beach fan... in fact, I'm trying to get out of having to go down to Orange Beach later this month.
Literally. Happend a few weeks ago.

"Let's go to the beach!"
"Why?"
"The ocean, the saltwater."
"You have a saltwater pool in the backyard. You paid thousands for that pool. Why?"
"Let's throw frisbee's!"
"We can do that in the shade, at the park, on an 18 hole course."

I don't mind the beach, or the environment. I don't like the people it attracts.

I know I mentioned key west because it's my favorite US water, hard to really call it a beach, but I've been in the water in over half the east coast states, California, and every Southern Ocean state but Texas. If we go to the beach and the waters warm enough I'm getting in. I don't enjoy it as much as places that have gin clear water and I try to avoid going to a beach near where a river enters because of how murky the water is as I believe most shark attacks happen in murky water. I may get attacked the next time I go but I know it's a risk. My wife loves the beach and if I have to go I just can't sit on the sand and sweat I gotta get in the water.

No @TerryP, I use a chair and then put
the towel over the chair.
I got @It Takes Eleven on my ass about food... @Brandon Van de Graaff on my ass about beaches. And now this.

The only place I've been to on the beach is "The Windjammer." For volleyball and a few beers. I'd have to look...bet their live cams are down right now with the wind. I'm 20+ miles from there and it's a constant 30+.

The beaches here are not like the white sands of south Alabama. The water isn't as well. In honesty, if I'm putting my kayak into ocean water here...I'm likely taking a "dip" in the water down there. Minus the jellyfish.

Back
Top Bottom