| NEWS 7 Alabama payers in first round of latest CBS Sports 2021 NFL mock draft - RollTideWire

B

Bama News

After defeating No. 3 Georgia, No. 2 Alabama is now the only SEC program to remian undefeated through four weeks. The Crimson Tide holds claim to three top-ten Heisman hopefuls and the program seems primed to pump out plenty of first-round talent into the 2021 NFL draft.

Nick Saban is certainly no stranger to having former players selected in the first round, and CBS Sports’ Ryan Wilson seems to have taken notice. Wilson’s latest 2021 NFL mock draft includes seven Alabama stars in the first round.

• 29. Pittsburgh Steelers – Alex Leatherwood, OT
  • 25. Tennessee Titans – Christian Barmore, DL
  • 22. Chicago Bears – Mac Jones, QB
  • 17. Cleveland Browns – DeVonta Smith, WR
  • 12. Detroit Lions – Dylan Moses, LB
  • 8. Miami Dolphins – Jaylen Waddle, WR
  • 7. Atlanta Falcons – Patrick Surtain II, DB

Christian Barmore? Is he draft eligible? He hasn't done anything this year. And Jaylen before Devonta? No way Moses is in the top 20. This i list is nuts.

Barmore has made some mental errors but has been the most disruptive DL (3-4 balls knocked down, a couple TFL's, strip sack vs UGA). I'm sure they like his size/strength/athleticism at this point... Same idea as some of the other DL's who went in the first 2 rounds without the crazy production at UA.

Waddle before Devonta isn't shocking to me at all (after the injury that will likely change). Moses in the top 20 is a little questionable to me as well... That position is so much about instincts, haven't quite seen that come to fruition yet.

IMHO Barmore has the most upside but it appears to me that he takes some plays off. I don't think the mental aspect has really kicked in yet. I think that was evident in the fact that he wasn't even a starter until Ray got injured. He definitely has the most upside. He just needs to get his mind right.

Back
Top Bottom