| FTBL 30 yard lline kickoff !!

Damn this is huge........ First ive herd of it...

What this really means if will affect Out kicking your coverage. Your players start 5 yards farther back... the ball is reaching the same point at just about the same speed.

BigAl said:
http://gainesville.com/article/20070729/GATORS24/707290317/-1/sports

Don't know if some of you know about this. I kinda like it. If you have a good return man things could get very interesting. Are there any other rules changes we need to know about?

What's the saying? "For every positive reaction there is a negative reaction" Or something like that. Anyway the negative on this one out weighs the positive for me. I visualize giving up more long returns than I see Bama making. Biggest reason for that is I visualize shuting every one out, therefore Bama would only return one kick off per game.

Actually, I read an article on Tidesports.com about this rule change. Mark Richt's staff estimates that where 90% of kickoffs last year were not returnable, this year only 5 to 9% will be kicked deep enough for no return.

This will translate into better field position in a lot of cases. I am not extremely excited for our defense but it should even out on the offensive side of the ball. What you want to bet there will be a few more kickers getting scholarships if this rule sticks?

At least the NCAA got rid of that gay clock rule from last year that I HATED! (I bet Joe Pa bitched about that rule after the Wisconsin game last year! :lol: )

Hopefully, it is the beginning of the end for the kick off. It is as archaic as the center tip off in basketball, which has all but been eliminated over the years. The tip off, like the kick off, was originally used after each score. I wouldn't care if it was eliminated completely, but I suppose a reduction down to two per game, one by each team to begin each half, would be the first step.

Since we've never had a kicker who could consistently put the ball in the end zone, I think the 30 yard kickoff is better for us. It will mean more returns, of course, but the whole idea that it will make those returns that much longer doesn't make sense to me. If that were the case, people would have been bringing kicks five yards deep in the end zone out for big returns.

RTR,

Tim

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
Well i hope people are readt to kick off to the best 2 rb in the country ant the best fb in te country!

I hope you enjoyed that scoreboard last year, woopig. Have you sent Coach Shula your thank you card for that yet or are you just rude and didn't send one to him? :roll:

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
Well i hope people are readt to kick off to the best 2 rb in the country ant the best fb in te country!

I hope you enjoyed that scoreboard last year, woopig. Have you sent Coach Shula your thank you card for that yet or are you just rude and didn't send one to him? :roll:
No we sent your kicker a card and $20 :roll:

That was very thoughtful of you because without him, that scoreboard would not be part of your signature...McFadden or not. So is McFadden and Jones going to platoon along your offensive line this year too and have you gotten yourselves a QB yet?

One dimension will not win you another SEC West title this year.

bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:

That was very thoughtful of you because without him, that scoreboard would not be part of your signature...McFadden or not. So is McFadden and Jones going to platoon along your offensive line this year too and have you gotten yourselves a QB yet?

I was at practice today and casey dick our qb is MUCH better nutt is actully prepareing him this season and so is our new oc dont worry about our passing game he will beable to pick apart defenses this year!but he wont have to hell just have to throw the long ball to the corner to monk london or ben cleavland when teams stack the box WOO PIIIG SOIIE!!

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:

Well I hope people are ready for some of the worst spelling I've ever seen.

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
kayleighsdad said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:

Yes when I type fast I could care less about how I spell.

I bet you got a 3rd grade education and 3 teeth in your head and yo mama is hillary clinton.

BigAl said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
kayleighsdad said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:

Yes when I type fast I could care less about how I spell.

I bet you got a 3rd grade education and 3 teeth in your head and yo mama is hillary clinton.
Damn strait

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:

I was at practice today and casey dick our qb is MUCH better nutt is actully prepareing him this season and so is our new oc dont worry about our passing game he will beable to pick apart defenses this year!but he wont have to hell just have to throw the long ball to the corner to monk london or ben cleavland when teams stack the box WOO PIIIG SOIIE!!

Son... you're 19 and I think a steady dose of quality time spent with a caring drill sergeant would do you a world of good...

Back
Top Bottom