| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

The running tally is currently at 79 after Grimsley just left us. We're going to likely going into spring with less than 80 and we will lose a few in Spring ball also. I expect to lose another couple and add a couple but things are volatile right now so there's nothing to support any theories.
I'm most curious about how the offensive line will shake out. It seems DeBoer likes the smaller and quicker linemen and most of ours have the larger mauler type physique

Caleb Downs is one of the best players in the CFB There's no lies about that. however, I don't know if it's because of the system that's he is thriving in and the change of the scheme scared him as it may have exposed something about him as a player? is it that he may have reached his ceiling as a player... I don't know. I have a feeling that he'll struggle at Georgia or OSU. Don't forget he had several games where he made plenty of mistakes.
Saw quite a few against UM in the playoff game... just sayin.'

This thread is starting to get as depressing as the "Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal..." thread.

It seems like everyone is going to Texas or Georgia.

Recruiting news peddlers need to just go ahead and change the phrase ā€œcommits toā€ to ā€œidentifies asā€.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think transfers have to sign before January 24th to be able to register for Spring semester and take classes. So at least with these there's less time waiting for a signature I guess

Bet they will touch on transfer windows as well.

The Feds need to step in and level the playing fields on NIL..
I hate to say it, but maybe this is working as intended. The teams with the longest seasons have the shortest transfer windows to work with in preparing for Spring, when teams are built for the following season. Maybe this is analogous to the NFL draft which gives the earliest picks to the worst teams.

Back
Top Bottom