| MBB/WBB đźŹ€2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

Any updates on Grant?
According to rumors on message boards and social media, he and Sears are leaning on coming back.
  • Grant has told a few around the athletic department he plans on coming back. It goes beyond the Internet's speculations.
  • Sears doesn't have all the information he needs to make a decision: it'll be next month before we know for sure.
  • Cliff visits tomorrow. It's between Bama and UNC (scheduled to visit Chapel Hill Thursday. The staff feels pretty good about where Bama sits today.

Across the full roster? As far as individual player I do not see players like Sexton or Miller on next years roster. I still think he is a big away and someone like Clowny although Stevenson or Grant might become that. The 2022 roster with Miller and Clowney is hard to beat.

Any updates on Grant? A 2nd year in the program and playing in the SEC with some increased strength would be great to watch.

Barring something unforeseen, with the additions and returners, IMO it’s his best. Collectively, the overall talent is better than we’ve ever seen, even though there’s not 1 guy that is at Brandon Miller’s level. Also, factoring in some of the experience, which is key down the stretch…

Terry has said as much, but Grant is planning on returning. There could possibly be some news in that front today, I’ve heard, but not sure. And again, parroting Terry here, but there’s a lot of confidence from the staff that they’ll land the big man from Rutgers. They have a good plan laid out for him and he will get the VIP treatment tomorrow when Oats gets back in town.

Back
Top Bottom