| MBB/WBB šŸ€2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates (Rutgers transfer Clifford Omoruyi, one of the top big men in the portal, has committed to Alabama)

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

Not sure if anyone was able to watch. Sherrell didn't score a bucket but looked really good as a rim protector. He's capable of knocking down shots from beyond the arc, so you can imagine the sets Oats will utilize to get him open shots.

Reid had some good defensive plays as well. Went 2-4 from the floor. Looked a little hesitant with the ball in his hands, but I definitely think he's going to be a star under Oats.

About all Sherril and Reid did last night. Rough night for the Bama duo, not exactly a good environment though IMO to showcase your skills they really need to fix that thing.
Yeah but it's just one all-star game. I will say, Dylan Harper is one guy I wish we could have snagged. He was impressive with the ball. Boogie Fland is going to be a problem at UK.

I really hope Wrightsell comes back. His relentless style of play really gets this team going IMHO. Also hope Dioubate stays. With a year of experience and more confidence, maybe he could be the rim protector and low post player that Bediako was. I doubt Nelson will return but he would be a nice bonus if he did. Sam Walters needs to hit the weight room and drink some protein shakes. Dude has talent and heart but he is skinny.

Not sure if anyone was able to watch. Sherrell didn't score a bucket but looked really good as a rim protector. He's capable of knocking down shots from beyond the arc, so you can imagine the sets Oats will utilize to get him open shots.

Reid had some good defensive plays as well. Went 2-4 from the floor. Looked a little hesitant with the ball in his hands, but I definitely think he's going to be a star under Oats.

I tried to watch some of it, but only saw about 10-15 minutes in the first half. At some point, I ended up on a baseball game and got stuck there.

I'm hearing some of the Walmart $$ is powering the Arkanasas basketball stuff, interested to see if they also spend some money with the collectives and bring in all the recruits he had at Kentucky.
Due to some of their famous alumni, Arkansas should have a great football collective tooā€¦ namely, Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones..

I'm hearing some of the Walmart $$ is powering the Arkanasas basketball stuff, interested to see if they also spend some money with the collectives and bring in all the recruits he had at Kentucky.

He's going to have a great roster, but unless he adapts his coaching some, it's still unlikely to matter much when it matters most. Arkansas does heavily rely on their corporate piggy banks for the collective though... Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt for starters.

Back
Top Bottom