| MBB/WBB 🏀2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates (Rutgers transfer Clifford Omoruyi, one of the top big men in the portal, has committed to Alabama)

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

He quoted that he felt overdone after a full seasoning with Sears.

giphy.gif

This is a bit of a weird story for me.

It was Friday night in the eight inning of the first Arkansas game (baseball) and I was texting with a friend and asking/wondering "can Bama make it back into this one?" His response was "can we say the same thing about LeBron?" It took me a second to get what he was saying...all he'd say in the end was "they're talking."

I wonder if anyone knows how this will go in the end. I don't think Philon, nor Oats, know for sure. From what I've learned I'd characterize this as "he has an offer but it's not committable." That's not totally accurate. There would still be 'I's" to dot, "T's" to cross.

This is one of the bits of news I was referring to yesterday...didn't think it would "break" last night.

I've seen some suggest Oats is in a "pick and choose" mode. I don't agree. I do see the recruiting a lot like a game of Texas Hold 'em. We've seen the flop. Everyone is waiting on "fourth street." (Literally and figuratively.)

Several weeks back when there was some worry from a couple of folks here about Oats leaving, I said there were lots of reasons for him to stick around, including the strong likelihood that next season's roster would be his best yet. We can now safely say, it will be. With that, comes some crazy high expectations from many fans, but I doubt that bothers him a bit.

Several weeks back when there was some worry from a couple of folks here about Oats leaving, I said there were lots of reasons for him to stick around, including the strong likelihood that next season's roster would be his best yet. We can now safely say, it will be. With that, comes some crazy high expectations from many fans, but I doubt that bothers him a bit.
Across the full roster? As far as individual player I do not see players like Sexton or Miller on next years roster. I still think he is a big away and someone like Clowny although Stevenson or Grant might become that. The 2022 roster with Miller and Clowney is hard to beat.

Any updates on Grant? A 2nd year in the program and playing in the SEC with some increased strength would be great to watch.

Back
Top Bottom