| MBB/WBB đźŹ€2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

Commitment to his team and the program. He can work on any part of his game that he wants even in Tuscaloosa. Just on his on and not in the games or team practices.
He feels he needs work on his mid-range jumper to move to the next level. He can't work on that part of his game in Tuscaloosa because that isn't featured in the offense.

We all know that "working on his own" will not translate to the next level. How can a guy improve in his game, when he can't work on his game, in a game? Or, much less, in practice against real competition?

He feels he needs work on his mid-range jumper to move to the next level. He can't work on that part of his game in Tuscaloosa because that isn't featured in the offense.

We all know that "working on his own" will not translate to the next level. How can a guy improve in his game, when he can't work on his game, in a game? Or, much less, in practice against real competition?
So a fundamental flaw in the system to help kids get to the next level? Has not been a problem for many players under Oats. I understand what is being said just do not believe that is a limiting factor or there are other ways to deal with it.

Really does not matter, best wishes to Griffen. I did read where Griffen was saying OATS was the GOAT and would win a Natty. Not sre why he would not be committed to achieving that if he really believes it. Oh well....

So a fundamental flaw in the system to help kids get to the next level? Has not been a problem for many players under Oats. I understand what is being said just do not believe that is a limiting factor or there are other ways to deal with it.
I don't understand why you are missing this point of his.

Does the Alabama offense feature a mid-range jump shot? No.
Does he want to improve his game, specifically his mid-range jump shot? Yes.
Can he do that at Alabama? No.

Does he want more playing time, more of a role on offense? Sure. That's not a fault.

Does he want more playing time, more of a role on offense? Sure. That's not a fault.
Does he feel like it'll help him get in NBA? I think he's getting bad advice somewhere. He can work on his mid range shot after getting in NBA. I mean herb Jones worked on his shooting after he got to NBA.

Does he feel like it'll help him get in NBA?
Yes.
I think he's getting bad advice somewhere.
I understand there are two landing spots: Kansas or Baylor. That's two good ball coaches. He wanted to be closer to home last year; that hasn't changed.

I truly believe A LOT of fans aren't looking at these stories clearly. A comparison to a kid 10 years ago just doesn't work. Five years ago, doesn't work. For the lack of a better expression, these are "Covid kids."

Yes.

I understand there are two landing spots: Kansas or Baylor. That's two good ball coaches. He wanted to be closer to home last year; that hasn't changed.

I truly believe A LOT of fans aren't looking at these stories clearly. A comparison to a kid 10 years ago just doesn't work. Five years ago, doesn't work. For the lack of a better expression, these are "Covid kids."
That make sense. Basketball is more simple: You can replace player x with player Y with similar skillset.

I get the point and I get what Griffen is saying and undersatnd Oats system does not develop the mid range game. I just believe there are other ways to nurture that part of the game and still stay committed to the team. Old school team first... Plus if you are good enough, Oats system has shown it will get you to the NBA.

That one sucks, first one I thought would stay.
I don't think he's hard to replace. The only thing I hate it literally every class we have is just going to transfer out after one year, minus a couple.

But I am shocked. I thought he'd stay and Stevenson would transfer. Still time for that to happen (Stevenson transferring), but I think it's a sign that Walters is pursuing playing time.

That one sucks, first one I thought would stay.

If I had placed at bet the day after Bama's loss to UConn, my money would have easily been on him coming back too. But there's a lot going on in terms of reshaping the roster for next season... I'd caution some to be patient and see how it plays out without rushing to too much judgement on some that may be leave (not that you did, that's just a general statement).

Back
Top Bottom