| FTBL 2023 Football Season

Now that the staff is just about sewn up, I am looking at this upcoming seasons schedule. MTSU will be interesting to see because we'll get to see who is going to stand out as the new QB but also how Kevin Steele handles them after giving up 45 points to them in their win at Miami.

Then there is Texas at home... Our defense is going to have their hands FULL early.

Thoughts? Other observations?

It would have been great to have MTSU and S. Florida as games one and two before playing Texas at home. The QB situation is going to be key, no doubt about it on offense. Hopefully Milroe performs much better passing than what we have seen so far. Personally, I'd use him at the RB spot and go with Simpson at QB if he can run the offense.

On defense, we have several key people to replace. The defense is going to have to stand tall and answer the bell early in the season. Heck, they may even have to keep us in games early until the offense gets settled.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas in a bit of a controversy. Ewers is the man and one heck of a QB (with a kick ass mullet). Let's not forget the "Golden Boy" Arch Manning will be a true freshman. I'm sure there will be a lot of banter about whether or not he should start. I think Sark is a hell of a QB coach and OC. If there is pressure from the big money folks along with the Mannings.....will be interesting to see.

I love how our schedule is set up. Catch Texas early as they try and figure out their quarterback siutation. Get a couple of decent name teams (Middle Tennssee and South Florida) early in the season to get ready for the SEC slate by Game #4. Ole Miss early as well as they try and get their quarterback set.

I think this schedule gives us something to work towards in the pre-season as the players are concerned, gets us the fans excited, but also gives the coaches a lot to fight and work towards as each of these first five games offers plenty of opportunity to breed competition and get each side of the ball dialed in and ready to see what we have for a team, and hopefully a Championship run.

Now that the staff is just about sewn up, I am looking at this upcoming seasons schedule. MTSU will be interesting to see because we'll get to see who is going to stand out as the new QB but also how Kevin Steele handles them after giving up 45 points to them in their win at Miami.

Then there is Texas at home... Our defense is going to have their hands FULL early.

Thoughts? Other observations?
2022 Miami did not have Alabama personnel. 2023 MTSU will not have enough TARP to contend with Miami, much less Alabama.

2022 Miami did not have Alabama personnel. 2023 MTSU will not have enough TARP to contend with Miami, much less Alabama.

Certainly, but 45 points scored is more than just a personnel issue. I do think Steele is better than Golding, which is why I am curious as to how he coaches up his scheme & fundamentals to where the opening game is a complete ass whipping.

E7uY-A-WYAA628J

Back
Top Bottom