| SPRTSBK ðŸ’¸ 2023-'24 Bowl Season / CFP Playoffs 💸 :

I would watch Kent State-Ball State if it was on other than streaming. Watching the MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday for the past several years has made me more knowledgeable about their conference than the SEC. I am 16-2-1 for the 5 games played this week. Hit all 6 tonight, 11/15.

Bama opens at -14½ at the barn. LOL, I thought it would be at least the 21 that NMSU hit. NMSU? NEW MEXICO STATE!?
I think Freeze planned for Alabama for 2 weeks ignoring New Mexico State and it backfired on him in a big way. Players probably are feeling demoralized because of what happened yesterday. Doubt the Auburn players will give it all they have against Bama.

I think Freeze planned for Alabama for 2 weeks ignoring New Mexico State and it backfired on him in a big way. Players probably are feeling demoralized because of what happened yesterday. Doubt the Auburn players will give it all they have against Bama.
You know he did. Expecting it would be an ugly win but they would squeak it out. Trying to give them the best chance to steal a win in his first Iron Bowl. I expect the barn to come out and play as good as they can play. More like they did against UGA. Bama needs to be ready and come out and play their A game. Bama will not get any calls oplaying in the cow pasture and we have a history of struggling there. Nothing more that I would like than a complete beat down of the barn but doesn't normally happen down there.

You know he did. Expecting it would be an ugly win but they would squeak out a win. Trying to give them the best chance to beat bama so he could try and steal a win in his first Iron Bowl. I expect the barn to come out and play as good as they can play. More like they did against UGA. Bama needs to be ready and come out and play their A game. Bama will not get any calls on the cow pasture and we have a history of struggling there. Nothing more that I would like than a complete beat down of the barn but doesn't normally happen down there.
Okay, let's discuss this for a minute.

We're going to narrow this down to All of Alabama's away games against Auburn in the last few years.
2021-Alabama won 24-22. We went 3 overtimes. BOB called bad game.
2019- Auburn won 48-45. Two pick x interception doomed us.
2017-Auburn won 26-14.
2015-Alabama won 29-13
2013-Auburn won 34-28
2011-Alabama won 42-14
During those times we've lost in Auburn, it was during the time Gus was Auburn's coach.
While Malzahn's Auburn teams were often a thorn in the Tide's side during his eight seasons on the Plains. Malzahn went 3-5 in eight meetings with Saban during that time, with wins in 2013, 2017 and 2019, all in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Gus was very good with offensive playcalling and he could scheme by going fast, fast, fast.

Now, let's talk about Freeze. During his time at Ole miss,
Freeze’s record vs. Alabama: 3-2
  • 2012- Alabama 33 Ole Miss 14
  • 2013- Alabama 25 Ole Miss 0
  • 2014- Ole Miss 23 Alabama 17
  • 2015- Ole Miss 43 Alabama 37
  • 2016- Alabama 48 Ole Miss 43
That was about it.

It never was about the Jordan Stadium in Auburn, it was about who they had as HC who could give Saban fits. Now, remember Saban defense had issues with running QBs for Auburn except for one. Alabama will be ready this weekend. They are focused and they are on mission. Throne for Auburn doesn't possess any threats at all. All Alabama has to do is generate pressure on Auburn QBs, stay on them, and score quick. Get up 21-0 by half time and they won't be able to keep up. Worry level for this week's game: a 2 on scale of 1-10.

Okay, let's discuss this for a minute.

We're going to narrow this down to All of Alabama's away games against Auburn in the last few years.
2021-Alabama won 24-22. We went 3 overtimes. BOB called bad game.
2019- Auburn won 48-45. Two pick x interception doomed us.
2017-Auburn won 26-14.
2015-Alabama won 29-13
2013-Auburn won 34-28
2011-Alabama won 42-14
During those times we've lost in Auburn, it was during the time Gus was Auburn's coach.
While Malzahn's Auburn teams were often a thorn in the Tide's side during his eight seasons on the Plains. Malzahn went 3-5 in eight meetings with Saban during that time, with wins in 2013, 2017 and 2019, all in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Gus was very good with offensive playcalling and he could scheme by going fast, fast, fast.

Now, let's talk about Freeze. During his time at Ole miss,
Freeze’s record vs. Alabama: 3-2
  • 2012- Alabama 33 Ole Miss 14
  • 2013- Alabama 25 Ole Miss 0
  • 2014- Ole Miss 23 Alabama 17
  • 2015- Ole Miss 43 Alabama 37
  • 2016- Alabama 48 Ole Miss 43
That was about it.

It never was about the Jordan Stadium in Auburn, it was about who they had as HC who could give Saban fits. Now, remember Saban defense had issues with running QBs for Auburn except for one. Alabama will be ready this weekend. They are focused and they are on mission. Throne for Auburn doesn't possess any threats at all. All Alabama has to do is generate pressure on Auburn QBs, stay on them, and score quick. Get up 21-0 by half time and they won't be able to keep up. Worry level for this week's game: a 2 on scale of 1-10.
Hope you are right. Bama has struggled on the road this year but that was during the 3-4 game stretch where they played poor generally. I will say if Bama does not have one of those crazy 14 penalty games and 2-3 turnovers we should be fine. Milroe should be the x-factor. If he plays well we should be fine but I still expect the barn to play well. We just need to dominate them and take their will away.

Back
Top Bottom