| FTBL 2007 TV schedule

rolltyroll

Verified Member
I was listening to PF on 100.5 and he was saying something about "ALA and VANDY was an 11:30 game (Lincoln-Financial), but the big news was ARK and..."-I lost the reception after that line and couldn't tell what the big news was all about. So if any of you know what it was....please enlighten me....it would be deeply appreciated. :D

rolltyroll said:
I was listening to PF on 100.5 and he was saying something about "ALA and VANDY was an 11:30 game (Lincoln-Financial), but the big news was ARK and..."-I lost the reception after that line and couldn't tell what the big news was all about. So if any of you know what it was....please enlighten me....it would be deeply appreciated. :D

That sucks because that is Vandy's one required LP morning game and I would like for us to get ours out of the way early so we're not forced to play one later in the season.

Tigrinum Major said:
Hero said:
That sucks because that is Vandy's one required LP morning game and I would like for us to get ours out of the way early so we're not forced to play one later in the season.

The second game of the season isn't early enough for you?

You're making no sense.
It's a home game for Vandy not us, we're still required to have a 11:30 home game be broadcasted.

Hero said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Hero said:

You're making no sense.
It's a home game for Vandy not us, we're still required to have a 11:30 home game be broadcasted.

I don't remember that being the case. If we have our one obligatory appearance for the crew of Dave, Dave and Dave, I don't think it matters if it is a home or away game.

bamafan4ever said:
Hero said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Hero said:

You're making no sense.

I don't remember that being the case. If we have our one obligatory appearance for the crew of Dave, Dave and Dave, I don't think it matters if it is a home or away game.
I really think this is the case. Last year I think I remember Barners B&^$hing about playing UGA at 11:30 on JP because they hadn't been covered during a home meeting by JP yet.

Hero said:
bamafan4ever said:
Hero said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Hero said:

You're making no sense.

I really think this is the case. Last year I think I remember Barners B&^$hing about playing UGA at 11:30 on JP because they hadn't been covered during a home meeting by JP yet.

Nah. I think that had more to do with UGA losing to Kensucky the week before they travelled to the plains to kick AU square in the pants. Had UGA won the UK game, they would have probably been on CBS or ESPN.

bamafan4ever said:
Hero said:
bamafan4ever said:
Hero said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Hero said:

You're making no sense.

Nah. I think that had more to do with UGA losing to Kensucky the week before they travelled to the plains to kick AU square in the pants. Had UGA won the UK game, they would have probably been on CBS or ESPN.
You may be right but I'm attempting to find some source to provem me right or wrong.

Bama Bo said:
I'm pretty sure Hero is correct. I think all SEC teams have to have one LFS home game televised.

Think about it.....we're screwed! Arky is already an ESPN game and the only other home SEC games remaining are Tenn, LSWHO, and UGA. Those are not the games I want to wake up at 9:00 to get ready for, as a matter of fact those would be great night games.

Hero said:
Bama Bo said:
I'm pretty sure Hero is correct. I think all SEC teams have to have one LFS home game televised.

Think about it.....we're screwed! Arky is already an ESPN game and the only other home SEC games remaining are Tenn, LSWHO, and UGA. Those are not the games I want to wake up at 9:00 to get ready for, as a matter of fact those would be great night games.

I still think they are required to show only one game per team (no matter what site) and you are being kind of dramatic. The Houston game would be a good candidate for LF as well.

This "every team has to have a LFS televised game at home" rule just didn't sound right, and I'm not even sure it would be possible. Unless it is a new rule though, it isn't the case. According to last season's TV schedule Florida and Kentucky did not play a home game televised by LFS (however, both did play a LFS televised away game). Interestingly though, according to the SEC website, South Carolina didn't have any games televised by LFS.

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=6781

with the shoddy production values that is pay-per-view, I wouldn't care if they all were televised by Jefferson-Pilot.( sorry can't get into the name change)

You would have thought that CBS or somebody would have already picked up the Bama/LSU game simply because of the Saban connection. I'm sure it will be, but as of right now, it ain't.

just read in the paper that one of the games that may be picked up by cbs on november 24th is the ALABAMA-auburn game.

they have a choice of:

ALABAMA-auburn
florida-florida state
tennessee-kentucky
south carolina-clemson

and since they're doing a doubleheader that day, we have a good chance of it being on tv. hopefully they'll pick the BAMA-auburn game and the florida-florida st. games. those will be the biggest two on that particular day.

skeeter_jones said:
just read in the paper that one of the games that may be picked up by cbs on november 24th is the ALABAMA-auburn game.

they have a choice of:

ALABAMA-auburn
florida-florida state
tennessee-kentucky
south carolina-clemson

and since they're doing a doubleheader that day, we have a good chance of it being on tv. hopefully they'll pick the BAMA-auburn game and the florida-florida st. games. those will be the biggest two on that particular day.

As long as it's not the 11:00am CBS game. I'd much rather the IB be on ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom