| NEWS 10 things Alabama football fans should be thankful for in a ‘disappointing’ season - AL.com

1 thing to be thankful for- WE AIN’T Aubrun!!!

DeafeningNewGrayreefshark-max-1mb.gif

Nobody likes to lose if you are a Bama fan. Some on here were around during the Ears Whitworth years, the coaching carousel that was Bama before CNS and it it stunk! Coach Bryant and Coach Saban have spoiled us, no doubt about it.

Looking at the season, I do not call it a disappointment so much with Saban as I do with the OC and DC (nothing new here if you have read my posts before). To have the talent that we have, 5 star players and get the game plan we saw was what was disappointing to me. Yes, we had issues at WR in not getting separation. We lost BY for a couple of games. Defensive coverage was poor during many series. Was that on the DL not getting to the QB? Was it because we could not cover? Was it because we tried to do too much on defense? Offensively, the OL blocking was a C at best and some games worse.

Now saying all that, we lost 2 games by a combined 4 points and BOTH were on the very last plays of the game! Credit UT and LSU for making plays when they had to make plays. Crap happens and it happened to us twice. Like it? Not on your life! Live with it? Yes! Life is much more important than a stupid football game! I have a young daughter in law battling cancer. very elderly parents that I get to see 2-3 times a year at the most, kids at my school just lucky to get here because of their patheic living conditions, etc... Life is sweet each day and a college football season is not going to dictate disappointment.

Rant over! RTR!

I didn’t find the season a disappointment. Lost two games by a combined 4 points.

I did, but only because Bryce appears to be an afterthought to so many in the country now, and he deserves better than that. We have the top two best players in the country and are sitting at home for the Playoffs, so that is a little disappointing to me, especially knowing a weak Ohio State team and TCU are there. This was a season to be in it if you ask me. Down year looking at these four.

I been wondering what some of the Bama fans on here would think about 0-7-1 bowls record? 1968-1975.
Well, I wasn't a fan at that time, but I would think that I wouldn't have been too happy about it. However, it was my understanding (and I think Coach Bryant's philosophy), that Bowl Games at that time were just an added game to end the season that meant nothing more than some fun and games. Once they decide to award NC's after the Bowl games, Coach Bryant got serious about it, and check his record after 1973. Quite an improvement I'd say.

ROLL TIDE!

Well, I wasn't a fan at that time, but I would think that I wouldn't have been too happy about it. However, it was my understanding (and I think Coach Bryant's philosophy), that Bowl Games at that time were just an added game to end the season that meant nothing more than some fun and games. Once they decide to award NC's after the Bowl games, Coach Bryant got serious about it, and check his record after 1973. Quite an improvement I'd say.

ROLL TIDE!
Participation charts would be neat to see. How many underclassmen played?

Well..for 1.... to me the season was a disappointment....we under achieved...played

poorly...had incredible expectations..and didnt live up to them....lost to tennessee.....
Cant imagine how anybody couldnt have seen it as anything else... this wasnt a 10-2 team ..... that went 10-2....
but it wasnt an awful year... the team came from behind...killed AU...won some close games..we had a tough road schedule...and finished 10-2....
But a difference between disappointing year and bad year...not bad..just disappointing

I been wondering what some of the Bama fans on here would think about 0-7-1 bowls record? 1968-1975.

Those were tough years...losing to missouri...nebraska..nd...etc
Just tough bowl games...some anyway...some in great games.. still really good bama teams...( except the 69-70 teams)
It was tough times...
@mando For 69-70 I lived it but was locked away in Asia...and didnt really know much about it...get snippets here n there.. my dad sent me the birmingham new sports pack... was the sunday newspapers through fall...may have got 1 or 2....they were low class mail or pirated...lol

Tough years in bowls for sure

Those were the years I learned to hate ND. Those years were why the 2012 beatdown of ND was one of my favorite NC games under CNS.
True here...i thinkk 66 when they played for tie...vs msu...and then we thought that would give us the NC as only unbeaten...untied team...
But yankee voters would have none of that....

Was at the 73 bama vs nd Sugar Bowl...probably best best most exciting game i ever went to..

Those were the years I learned to hate ND. Those years were why the 2012 beatdown of ND was one of my favorite NC games under CNS.
For me it came early, remember ND didn't start going back to a bowl game till 1969. That year ND played Texas and lose. Texas and ND, was to replay again in the bowl game the next year. I was sitting with my nephew and cousin talking about the upcoming bowl games. I said, I hope ND would beat Texas. At the same time both said Why you want that Yankee school to beat a Southern school. That day forward ND wasn't one I pull for, then the Sugar Bowl happy!

Only a disappointment in the category of “What could have been!” 2 losses by a total of 4 points was a hard pill to swallow, when play calls left you scratching your head and asking “Why?”
Again, it could’ve been worse! We could little brother and working on breaking in another HC while continuing to pay off those previously fired! I mean, Pat Dye had a freaking office and a Bobby Bonilla contract until he passed away and he got them in trouble with the NCAA!!!

Back
Top Bottom