| NEWS Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones arrested

PhillyGirl

.. in Louisiana this morning on drug and weapons charges (including a felony for stolen firearms for Cam).

CiqSY8cUkAAb3AW.jpg

CiqSY8XVEAAv-D1.jpg

So dumb .. Cam is considered a top 5-10 pick in the draft next year too (obviously super early for that, but still). And you're playing for a championship-calibre team (again) .. Come on man.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

You know, a lot of guys in college football come from bad backgrounds where apparently this kind of stuff is acceptable. So, it's just not a huge surprise to see this kind of stuff.

Alabama isn't immune to it, and not everyone we recruit are great people.

Carrying a gun? For what? A STOLEN gun. Dope and guns... Sorry ass thug. By having the gun, he fully intended on threatening someone or God forbid, using it. Send his ass packing, imo. Too many GOOD kids want to be in his shoes. These POS make me sick.

CNS said it best a few years ago. Just because you grew up with rules and learning what is right and wrong from your parents doesn't mean that every kid out there has been afforded the same opportunity. We bring kids into the program to make them better people, not just better athletes. Without a doubt this sucks to no end, but everyone step away from the ledge. This isn't our first rodeo with kids breaking rules/the law and it certainly won't be the last. We have had guys arrested during the past 10 years and CNS has dealt with it. Some kids used the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and become better people......others not so much.

While I absolutely hate it, I feel about this like I do about coaching changes on staff...........Saban's got this.

What was that loud noise? Oh, yeah, the sound of their hind parts being dropped off of the team...so very, very sad. C'mon, guys! In what universe could they think that these actions would benefit a promising future? The answer is, in no universe at all. Oh, well, they may have a future at the barn, or at FSU (Forced Sex University).

This depresses me enough to not be able to give a Roll Tide!

Not doubt CNS can handle this but this has major implications on the OL. I'd be utterly shocked if Robinson is still on the team by fall. If he is, he'll be suspended for some time. IF these charges hold up, I hope he is gone. He can get a second chance somewhere else but he needs to feel the sting of this for as long as he lives. For his own good.

It is going to be interesting how the OL adjusts but this is going to be very challenging to overcome.

CNS said it best a few years ago. Just because you grew up with rules and learning what is right and wrong from your parents doesn't mean that every kid out there has been afforded the same opportunity. We bring kids into the program to make them better people, not just better athletes. Without a doubt this sucks to no end, but everyone step away from the ledge. This isn't our first rodeo with kids breaking rules/the law and it certainly won't be the last. We have had guys arrested during the past 10 years and CNS has dealt with it. Some kids used the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and become better people......others not so much.

While I absolutely hate it, I feel about this like I do about coaching changes on staff...........Saban's got this.

definitely NOT our first rodeo with something like this.

and yes, i do believe in and have total faith in Coach Saban to do what is necessary.

but goddamn, this shit still pisses me off.

not because it happened to ALABAMA. not because it was a starter. but because it happened to young men who had very promising futures. i just get so pissed off when i see people throw away their lives for something so stupid.

As noted above, we are really thin at Tackle now. I'm fully expecting Cotton to move to tackle now, but Bozeman is a great option at guard. Also like the idea of letting Brandon Greene go back to OT from TE. While he's not the road grader we are used to, he has legit experience and has done a good job at the blocking TE. Obviously a much bigger job, but he's capable. Kirven would be a real wildcard.

Carrying a gun? For what? A STOLEN gun. Dope and guns... Sorry ass thug. By having the gun, he fully intended on threatening someone or God forbid, using it. Send his ass packing, imo. Too many GOOD kids want to be in his shoes. These POS make me sick.

And you're a fucking idiot.

Stupid stupid shit from both guys, no excuses and if they are both kicked off (I doubt it) then they deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom