| LIFE 5 years ago, LeBron James started a school. Today: "Zero 8th graders have passed the state math test in 3 years"

The test results in Akron City schools would not be very good either. I am surprised that not one student has passed. I do know the school is aimed at low income, at-risk students. Maybe King Lebron had better bring in better teachers.

The test results in Akron City schools would not be very good either. I am surprised that not one student has passed. I do know the school is aimed at low income, at-risk students. Maybe King Lebron had better bring in better teachers.
This is where things don't make sense. While this is an oversimplification, if the standard is 2+2=4 ... where is this getting lost?

Here's a thought. How easy would it be to teach kids fractions using quarter grams of drugs?

Weird and sad in the same breath.

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

I'm reminded of what Lester Maddox replied years ago when a reporter asked him what was going to be done to improve the Georgia state prison system: "We're not going to be able to improve the Georgia state prison system until we start getting a better class of prisoners."

I'm reminded of what Lester Maddox replied years ago when a reporter asked him what was going to be done to improve the Georgia state prison system: "We're not going to be able to improve the Georgia state prison system until we start getting a better class of prisoners."
The thing that many people do not understand or get is that public education in the US has to educate everyone. Other countries pick and choose once a student gets to a specific grade. If the student is doing well, they are sent to a school that specializes in Math, Language, Science or Technology. If a student is not doing well, that student is sent to a more basic educational school. In America, we take students from every facet of life and try to continue to educate them regardless of attendance, grades, behavior, etc.... State and federal mandates has made the education process so much more difficult. Hopefully, on Thursday of this week, I will find out 100% if I can retire at the end of this school year. 34 in Ohio and 38 total.

The thing that many people do not understand or get is that public education in the US has to educate everyone. Other countries pick and choose once a student gets to a specific grade. If the student is doing well, they are sent to a school that specializes in Math, Language, Science or Technology. If a student is not doing well, that student is sent to a more basic educational school. In America, we take students from every facet of life and try to continue to educate them regardless of attendance, grades, behavior, etc.... State and federal mandates has made the education process so much more difficult. Hopefully, on Thursday of this week, I will find out 100% if I can retire at the end of this school year. 34 in Ohio and 38 total.
Congratulations on your many years of caring and service, hoping you'll get great news on your retirement. I'm going to retire next year, too.

Back
Top Bottom