| RECRUIT 4⭐ LB Abduall Sanders Jr. (Mater Dei HS) commits to Alabama...

when is speed and "out athelete"ing anyone ever a bad thing?
"Is this what you want college football to be?" ~ Saban, several years ago.
This is what football is today. And no, a lot of us don't necessarily like the product.

But, since this is what football is today...

Get's confusing when you see recruiting focusing on what's needed and people question that recruiting. 🤷‍♂️

When facing the LSUs, UGAs, and anyone else fielding size and strength. This ain't Left Coast football. Hope CKD can still sign the occasional biguns when we need to rely on them in the 4th quarter and 3rd & short.
Also, I'm going to point out something. I don't think you would want to use LSU as an example. Lot of offensive team are playing fastball tempo offense. LSU is one of them.

Georgia will be making changes within 2 years with their scheme soon.

I don't think you would want to use LSU as an example. Lot of offensive team are playing fastball tempo offense. LSU is one of them.

Georgia will be making changes within 2 years with their scheme soon.
I mention LSU because they are one of the teams who regularly have size in the trenches. Other teams are less consistent with their recruiting classes. My point is to win in the SEC requires the ability to be physical at times. You got to look at the linemen in our conference footprint vs the [late] PAC12.

As for Georgia, if you've noticed their O and D line recruits, they have continued to sign huge guys, in fact the biggest in the conference if we can trust the data.

Careful not to forget the difference between bowl games, with a month to heal and prepare, and the regular season, with a week between games and always dealing with an impaired roster.
It doesn't matter. the point of this is that good team should have the balance of two styles.. when they can go fast, when they can go slow. When to be physical, etc. CKB is just adding steroid to the offense/Defense. he's balancing it out a little bit. We already have the personnel in place since Coach Wommack and Saban run similar defense, but different concepts... so it shouldn't be an issue at all. Beside Georgia, name one team in SEC that plays similar defense as Georgia?

Georgia had something going on for them: Easy schedule.

I mention LSU because they are one of the teams who regularly have size in the trenches. Other teams are less consistent with their recruiting classes. My point is to win in the SEC requires the ability to be physical at times. You got to look at the linemen in our conference footprint vs the [late] PAC12.

As for Georgia, if you've noticed their O and D line recruits, they have continued to sign huge guys, in fact the biggest in the conference if we can trust the data.
Funny you said that about LSU... Did they struggle on the defense throughout the season? especially on 3rd down?

If i recalled.. the coach was frustrated with at time.

Now, SEC footprint is changing... It will always be physical team, but you also have to be able to score at will as well.

I personally like the way things are going…(I know it really matters what I think).
We will all find out, come September for sure. 1st year may have some growing pains (it’s expected), but they’re going to have some bite for sure!!!!! Also could very well compete for a natty right out the gate…..

Also could very well compete for a natty right out the gate…..
IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: it's a playoff team.
IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: Milroe is a Heisman candidate.
IF Saan was still in Tuscaloosa: the roster is similar to what it is today.
If Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: with this staff?

Let me go a step farther. IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa, and hired Wommack as his DC, how would fans react?

I believe I'm looking through clear colored glasses. This is the best transition I've seen in my lifetime.

IF this is a 10-2 team, it's on par with the teams we've seen the last few years. Is that a drop off?

This team is a title contender. Out of the gate.

IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: it's a playoff team.
IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: Milroe is a Heisman candidate.
IF Saan was still in Tuscaloosa: the roster is similar to what it is today.
If Saban was still in Tuscaloosa: with this staff?

Let me go a step farther. IF Saban was still in Tuscaloosa, and hired Wommack as his DC, how would fans react?

I believe I'm looking through clear colored glasses. This is the best transition I've seen in my lifetime.

IF this is a 10-2 team, it's on par with the teams we've seen the last few years. Is that a drop off?

This team is a title contender. Out of the gate.
I do agree, 100%!!!!
This is by far one of, if not the smoothest/best transition ive seen for sure!!!!!

By growing pains I’m talking about maybe done terminology issues that could crop up early that they work through… this is the best staff at BAMA in several years for sure, and the talent level is still very, very high!!!

I’m expecting a playoff run for sure….

Back
Top Bottom