| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Heard rumors up here that Etienne from Florida is planning to transfer to Georgia when the dust settles. Would be a huge pick up for the Dawgs.

Also heard Auburn is going to make a big run at Ty Simpson. Take it with a grain of salt since I donā€™t think either has announced entering the portal.

Heard rumors up here that Etienne from Florida is planning to transfer to Georgia when the dust settles. Would be a huge pick up for the Dawgs.

Also heard Auburn is going to make a big run at Ty Simpson. Take it with a grain of salt since I donā€™t think either has announced entering the portal.
I would not blame them but that would be disappointing as I think he is a really good QB.

Itā€™s a little bit bass ackwards. You donā€™t enter SEAL training from the outside world. First you join the Navy (if heā€™s graduated he could go through officer candidate school). Once youā€™ve entered the service, you can apply for SEAL training. However, that process includes many steps which could last up to two years.

I wish him well.
I know a Navy Seal who is a recruiter and they do recruit kids just like this directly to the training program. If they make it through they are assigned to a position with in the seals. Does not mean they are directly in a special ops numbered team but could be in a logistics or support role. If they drop out then they will be enlisted into the general corp of the Navy and will be assigned by their aptitude testing and have to serve a standard tour of duty and complete basic training.

I know a Navy Seal who is a recruiter and they do recruit kids just like this directly to the training program. If they make it through they are assigned to a position with in the seals. Does not mean they are directly in a special ops numbered team but could be in a logistics or support role. If they drop out then they will be enlisted into the general corp of the Navy and will be assigned by their aptitude testing and have to serve a standard tour of duty and complete basic training.
Yeah it changed a few years back, there used to be source rates and you enlisted in one of those then applied for BUDS but now you can apply directly to special forces. I'd guess he's got his degree and going the officer route, hope he does

So when will we know if any will be going into the transfer portal?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe tomorrow is the official date that players can transfer

Correct, officially starts tomorrow and will run all month... Bama players will get an extra 5 days added for being in the playoffs. There may be a couple that jump early, but most will wait until that extra period and after their "Saban debriefing" (assuming Bama gets to the finals).

Day left him hanging a bit in statements to the press. I'm guessing he wants to make sure he plays in his final year of elibility.
That's an objective look. You may be right.

Something doesn't make sense to me. And when that happens in college football...? Egotistically speaking, when that happens there's something afoot. Yes. When it doesn't make sense to me, something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom