| BSB/SB 🥎#17 Alabama v. #13 Texas A&M: Tide wins game two to even series. (Sunday, 1CT on ESPNU)

Did anyone notice the difference in the 1 inning we scored this weekend out of the 21 innings we played? We didn't try to pull the middle-away pitch! (The roll-over ground ball through the 5/6 hole was the exception and we just got lucky there). Different approach that inning and it created a different outcome. Then we revert back to our old selves for some reason.

Yes you read that correctly. We scored in just 1 inning of the 21 we played in Arkansas.

Man, so many techniques out there. Just hit the damn ball where it's pitched.

We have a coach in our area that teaches and PREACHES inside out, opposite field no matter what. He's good at what he does, but that approach has f'ed up so many young kids it's unreal. Keeping a compact swing with your hands inside is the approach, but the bat path is garbage in my mind. So many players worry about their hands staying inside that they don't swing at a lot of pitches because they can't get their hands where they are coached and they have no freaking power. Drives me nuts when he says "if you pull it, where does their best player play, shortstop, so who is making the play", mind you the reining MVP plays right field and right field in major league baseball on average have the highest contract value. Funny on top of it is his son s a lefty and hits it to the damn shortstop almost every at bat. Like the guy and he's a solid coach, but the technique is not tops in my eyes.

Man, so many techniques out there. Just hit the damn ball where it's pitched.

We have a coach in our area that teaches and PREACHES inside out, opposite field no matter what. He's good at what he does, but that approach has f'ed up so many young kids it's unreal. Keeping a compact swing with your hands inside is the approach, but the bat path is garbage in my mind. So many players worry about their hands staying inside that they don't swing at a lot of pitches because they can't get their hands where they are coached and they have no freaking power. Drives me nuts when he says "if you pull it, where does their best player play, shortstop, so who is making the play", mind you the reining MVP plays right field and right field in major league baseball on average have the highest contract value. Funny on top of it is his son s a lefty and hits it to the damn shortstop almost every at bat. Like the guy and he's a solid coach, but the technique is not tops in my eyes.
Ridiculous!! Was always taught to hit ball where it's pitched. It's hard enough anyway without the "inside out" approach.

I really dont understand the debate of hosting a regional or not. It does not matter. We will get our ass handed to us at home or on the road. This is not a good team, period. I am not a everybody gets a trophy, warm fuzzies fan. 😁

I really dont understand the debate of hosting a regional or not. It does not matter. We will get our ass handed to us at home or on the road. This is not a good team, period. I am not a everybody gets a trophy, warm fuzzies fan. 😁

While I agree this team is going to have a very difficult time getting hitting their way out of any regional, the same was said about them last year. For a more recent example, I remember multiple comments re: the basketball team in early/mid March... they were going to be embarrassed in round 1 regardless of their seeding and matchup.

While I agree this team is going to have a very difficult time getting hitting their way out of any regional, the same was said about them last year. For a more recent example, I remember multiple comments re: the basketball team in early/mid March... they were going to be embarrassed in round 1 regardless of their seeding and matchup.
Great comparison! Basketball had been Jekyll and Hyde before getting healthy and hot!! Same could happen with this softball team. Another example would be last year’s baseball team.

Great comparison! Basketball had been Jekyll and Hyde before getting healthy and hot!! Same could happen with this softball team. Another example would be last year’s baseball team.

Only thing I'd say is, the basketball team had more talent and was a much better TEAM. But, (as you know) weird shit happens in the postseason in most every sport and at most every level.... especially in early rounds. This Bama team is not anywhere near where they need to be, or should be... but they're also not trash.

Only thing I'd say is, the basketball team had more talent and was a much better TEAM. But, (as you know) weird shit happens in the postseason at in most every sport and at most every level.... especially in early rounds. This Bama team is not anywhere near where they need to be, or should be... but they're also not trash.
I commend y'alls faith as fans. I'm a realist, shit ain't happening for this seasons team. They've shown zero signs of being able to put together A "hot" streak hitting the ball this year. We look for Championships right? Haven't had one since 2012 and IMO, with the talent we've had, we should be breathing OU air. Again, this is just my opinion and I respect the hell out of the folks on here that know a lot more than me on the subject. I can only go by what I'm seeing. We win the NC this year, I will video me grilling a crow and eating it. 😁

I commend y'alls faith as fans. I'm a realist, shit ain't happening for this seasons team. They've shown zero signs of being able to put together A "hot" streak hitting the ball this year. We look for Championships right? Haven't had one since 2012 and IMO, with the talent we've had, we should be breathing OU air. Again, this is just my opinion and I respect the hell out of the folks on here that know a lot more than me on the subject. I can only go by what I'm seeing. We win the NC this year, I will video me grilling a crow and eating it. 😁
I understand your feeling there. Our bats were hot the first part of the season and then sporadically through the mid point. I don’t follow it close enough to know what’s happened to them lately. Maybe the yips or exhaustion or something. Tough to have confidence in us winning a series against any of the top 10-15 teams right now, but maybe our bats will heat up. I’d love to knock UT out of the SEC tourney.

To be fair, the basketball team showed they had the pieces to see success. The softball team hasn't. Last year they had Fouts who carried them, and they don't have her this year. Much different story between basketball and softball.

To be fair, the basketball team showed they had the pieces to see success. The softball team hasn't. Last year they had Fouts who carried them, and they don't have her this year. Much different story between basketball and softball.

That is fair, and kinda what I followed up with in a reply.

I don't expect Bama to get back to OKC this year, but Beaver has the ability to carry this team some if she gets in a groove. UA got out of the regional last year without Montana throwing a pitch, though it was close.

Back
Top Bottom