| FTBL Yay more predictions from our good buddies at SI

bama4life

Verified Member
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si...6/make-your-college-football-predictions.html

1. Neither Nick Saban (Alabama), Jimbo Fisher (Florida State) or Miami (Randy Shannon) will be a BCS contender.

2. Despite losing Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Antonio Pittman and Anthony Gonzalez, OSU will remain in a the thick of the Big Ten title hunt with Michigan and Wisconsin.

3. The Arkansas/Houston Nutt saga will not end well.

4. Hawaii will average 60 points per game this season.

5. Vanderbilt will go to a bowl game.

bama4life said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si...6/make-your-college-football-predictions.html

1. Neither Nick Saban (Alabama), Jimbo Fisher (Florida State) or Miami (Randy Shannon) will be a BCS contender.

2. Despite losing Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Antonio Pittman and Anthony Gonzalez, OSU will remain in a the thick of the Big Ten title hunt with Michigan and Wisconsin.

Well yea, but read the post more it says under Mr.Saban's pic
Sorry Alabama fans, we don't think Nick Saban can bring you to a BCS game ... at least not this year.

By no means do I myself think we woild play for the NC this year. Not trying to downsize bama in any shape or form. Just being real,I do think however we can be in the sec title hunt! Also standing a much better chance at beating UT,AU, and UG. Only time will time! RTR

Well they're right about one thing. Vandy has a nice shot at making a bowl game. That is...if they upset a couple of teams.

Tider 27 said:
Well they're right about one thing. Vandy has a nice shot at making a bowl game. That is...if they upset a couple of teams.

Two things! The Arkansas deal wont end well. Really? I hope he didn't take long to come up with that one. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!

AlabamaMan said:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!

waterboy2.jpg

1) I don't think any of those 3 teams make a BCS bowl. I guess it kinda depends on your definition of contending. If Bama goes 9-3, we technically are contending right?

2) I could honestly give a rat's a*s about Big10 football, but I highly doubt that they finish higher than Wisc or Mich when they lost their entire offense.

3) I think it will. I mean its not Nutt's fault the players' parents are retarded or that Mustain jumped ship after he got benched once his frosh year. I don't think Nutt is a great coach by any means, but they're coming off a good season and who would they get?

4) Maybe with that cupcake schedule they play, but I still say no to 60ppg. And stop with this damn Colt Brennan Heisman talk please.

5) lol, no.

My first post, roll tide!

4) Maybe with that cupcake schedule they play, but I still say no to 60ppg. And stop with this damn Colt Brennan Heisman talk please.

The last image I remember of him was blowing chunks on the sideline last year vs bama.

I am pretty sure that if we threw the ball 215 times a game ummm in the sec ummm well we would have hurt qb.

TideAlum05 said:
5) lol, no.

My first post, roll tide!

Might want to read my capsule on the front page about Vandy if you don't think so. They got a lot of nice pieces coming back this season. :wink:

By the way welcome to the site!! ;tr

Tigrinum Major said:
Tider 27 said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Tider 27 said:
Might want to read my capsule on the front page about Vandy if you don't think so.

Thank you, Phil Steele.

Nah I'm Tider27, but thanks for trying...come again.
Thank you, Danny Sheridan.

Well I guess if I was as old as you, I would know these people. My mistake though, I'll watch what I say for TM. The resident Barner. :wink:

One thing we can be thankful for, at least this was an internet blog and no trees had to be sacrificed in order print that crap on paper.

I still haven't figured out where Vandy is going to find that sixth win.

Tider 27 said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Tider 27 said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Tider 27 said:
Might want to read my capsule on the front page about Vandy if you don't think so.

Thank you, Phil Steele.

Nah I'm Tider27, but thanks for trying...come again.
Thank you, Danny Sheridan.

Well I guess if I was as old as you, I would know these people. My mistake though, I'll watch what I say for TM. The resident Barner. :wink:

If you seriously don't know who those two people are, you need to get off the G4 and invest some time in reading the "experts" and what they have to say concerning college football. Especially if you are going to continue your writing career.

Would it have made better sense to you if I had said, "Thank you, Shane Corn"?

Tigrinum Major said:
If you seriously don't know who those two people are, you need to get off the G4 and invest some time in reading the "experts" and what they have to say concerning college football. Especially if you are going to continue your writing career.

Would it have made better sense to you if I had said, "Thank you, Shane Corn"?

I know who Phil Steele is but I'm not familiar with Danny Sheridan.

I just don't appreciate being called someone in a demeaning manner. It would be fine if it was in compliment form.

Who the hell is Shane Corn?

Tider27, here's Vandy's 07 schedule.

Richmond W
Alabama L
Ole Miss W
E Mich W
@Auburn L
Georgia L
@USC L
Miami(OH) W
@Fla L
Kentucky L
@Tenn L
Wake L

That's the schedule and my opinion. It could be argued IMO that they beat Bama/USC/Kentucky. So by my calculations that puts them between 4-7 wins. You could also argue that they lose to Ole Miss, they are Vandy remember. People talk about their young QB, but let's remember that they never made a bowl with Cutler.

Back
Top Bottom