| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Women's College World Series šŸ„Ž Alabama Softball Forces If-Necessary Game Against Oklahoma but Falls in Nightcap to End Season

She was not the #2 pitcher at the end of the season. Goodman took that spot. It's been that case for a bit...dating back to before the UK game in the SECT. The game against UK was a good indicator as to why Sarah lost her slot.
Sarahs game vs Florida was pretty impressive...
And I donā€™t really agree that Goodman was #2.....
Mabe just what she threw vs Sarahs......but
Whatever...great run...all 3 pitchers are dang good..

And I donā€™t really agree that Goodman was #2.....
I don't know what you could disagree with here.

Mabe just what she threw vs Sarahs......but
...and that's why she wasn't in the Saturday/#2 role: she's been prone to giving up the long ball and has consistently left pitches high and hittable. She wasn't 100% for the last month of the season is another factor in Bama's rotation but that wasn't the primary reason she fell to the Tide's #3.

As simply as I've been able to say it we were watching a team that had one ACE, no King, a Queen and her back-up. Fouts, no one, Goodman and Cornell.

It's nice Sarah received recognition for the award. However, it's just as important to note if the SEC allowed coaches to vote for the same player twice we'd have seen Fouts win Freshman and PItcher of the Year. It was, literally, won by default based on her ERA and W/L's against sub-par competition for the majority of her outings.

What we will see next season is still left to be determined except for one aspect: we'll see two ACE's with Fouts and Kilfoyl with Goodman or Cornell as the third option.

(FWIW, the position to pay attention for for 2020 is the catcher. Regan Dykes is going to be hard to replace.)

Completely agree with this. Of the two senior spots that need to be filled, Dykes' vacancy is easily the more pressing need.
Gettins didn't pan out the way hoped. I don't believe we can just "replace" the leadership the team received from Hardy.

The only reason I didn't mention Schroder is she's been replaced with a grad transfer. Regan's is the "position of need." Right now Hemphill looks to be next in line for that position. There are concerns if she'll be able to handle runners as well as Dykes.

I don't know what you could disagree with here.

...and that's why she wasn't in the Saturday/#2 role: she's been prone to giving up the long ball and has consistently left pitches high and hittable. She wasn't 100% for the last month of the season is another factor in Bama's rotation but that wasn't the primary reason she fell to the Tide's #3.

As simply as I've been able to say it we were watching a team that had one ACE, no King, a Queen and her back-up. Fouts, no one, Goodman and Cornell.

It's nice Sarah received recognition for the award. However, it's just as important to note if the SEC allowed coaches to vote for the same player twice we'd have seen Fouts win Freshman and PItcher of the Year. It was, literally, won by default based on her ERA and W/L's against sub-par competition for the majority of her outings.

What we will see next season is still left to be determined except for one aspect: we'll see two ACE's with Fouts and Kilfoyl with Goodman or Cornell as the third option.

(FWIW, the position to pay attention for for 2020 is the catcher. Regan Dykes is going to be hard to replace.)
But when bama had a critical game in loser bracket...... there was Sarah
Lose that.....bam
And i think goodman ...2. wildf pitches gave up run....and couple homers when. Bama grawled back in
No blaming. Just countersaying ... pitches right down middle....both good and hopefully get better. I like both as compliments to #1

But when bama had a critical game in loser bracket...... there was Sarah
Let's be real here for a second. The game in the losers bracket, against Florida, had little to do with Sarah and had a lot to do with the way Walton ran through Barnhill this season (as well as their Q, Hightower.) The first gave up six runs, the latter gave up four...of the 15 Bama put on the board.

Don't get me wrong, Sarah did a good job that day in spite of giving up seven and three with four SO's. It really doesn't change anything.

Just as a side note: Fouts father almost threw her arm out before she arrived in Tuscaloosa. There was a stretch of games where she threw close to 400 pitches. Bama was in a situation where a coach doesn't throw Tana again. Sarah and Krystal were who were left. And, as stated, there's nothing against either girl when I'm saying they are not the ACE's needed. A team almost has to have two unless they catch a lot of lucky breaks (which I believe you can call a 15-3 rout of Florida a lucky break.)

And, as one final note, here's another question I am wondering about next season. Do we see Murph allow Tana to bat?

Gettins didn't pan out the way hoped. I don't believe we can just "replace" the leadership the team received from Hardy.

The only reason I didn't mention Schroder is she's been replaced with a grad transfer. Regan's is the "position of need." Right now Hemphill looks to be next in line for that position. There are concerns if she'll be able to handle runners as well as Dykes.

Schroeder's position is the other one I was referring to. No, it will be tough to replace any kind of leadership either Gettins or Hardy employed, but after this awesome run into the World Series, someone will be up for it! Say...Badison (Maddie Morgan). That girl is always up to play.

Let's be real here for a second. The game in the losers bracket, against Florida, had little to do with Sarah and had a lot to do with the way Walton ran through Barnhill this season
Well....once again...we agree to disagree...as itā€™s often said...
And that really dosnt make any sense....the game in loser bracket.....
Game 2... whatever

@50+yeartidefan, Let me tell you a quick story.

Later in the season, home game, fifth inning or so Sarah goes out to warm up a bit. Friday night, right? She's pitching awhile and took a break and one of the trainers was immediately stretching her lower body out. That's not common. Within the same series this was seen including her running the baseline and shaking her head at one of the trainers indicating "no." Four weeks ago, roughly, I mentioned that on this forum in one of the conversations.

At that point there was a change in rotation. it wasn't something you saw unless you were there. It wasn't something anyone knew about unless, well, you knew about what was going on. It wasn't discussed a lot, publicly, but it certainly was mentioned by a few around the 'net who follow the program.

It's not a bit deal that you disagree. I do wonder how. We're talking about Goodman taking the Saturday role and we saw who had the #2 role. You asked about Cornell. We saw her in relief, after Krystal.

(How much of this is about that award versus...?)

Consider this for a second and you'll see a lot about how this season played out.

• With injuries at pitching and a questionable rotation we saw the coaches vote Bama to finish eighth.
  • They, the coaches, underestimated Fouts. They did the same with Sarah and Krystal.
  • Murphy and crew scheduled a weaker out of conference schedules this season. The committee noticed that and it was reflected in the seasons' rankings (both polls and RPI.)
  • Murphy did a good job with recruiting and the open transfer market. He wasn't able to land a "Juarez." He was able to land two good pitchers.
  • We saw good results out of both pitchers that led to an unexpected W/L record.
  • In the end, while the committee still got it wrong, we're left with one thing.
Bama didn't have the pitching this season. We've seen inexperience, lack of talent, and other weaknesses in every sport we follow at Bama. That was this seasons Achilles heel.

It is what it is...now was. If something unfortunate doesn't hit we're in a different ballgame next season. I don't know if you've seen that Bama opens at FSU next season, spends in the next week in St. Pete's (FSU is there, along with 14 other teams: UCLA will be there, UW, UGA, and a few others.

@50+yeartidefan, Let me tell you a quick story.

Later in the season, home game, fifth inning or so Sarah goes out to warm up a bit. Friday night, right? She's pitching awhile and took a break and one of the trainers was immediately stretching her lower body out. That's not common. Within the same series this was seen including her running the baseline and shaking her head at one of the trainers indicating "no." Four weeks ago, roughly, I mentioned that on this forum in one of the conversations.

At that point there was a change in rotation. it wasn't something you saw unless you were there. It wasn't something anyone knew about unless, well, you knew about what was going on. It wasn't discussed a lot, publicly, but it certainly was mentioned by a few around the 'net who follow the program.

It's not a bit deal that you disagree. I do wonder how. We're talking about Goodman taking the Saturday role and we saw who had the #2 role. You asked about Cornell. We saw her in relief, after Krystal.

(How much of this is about that award versus...?)

Consider this for a second and you'll see a lot about how this season played out.

• With injuries at pitching and a questionable rotation we saw the coaches vote Bama to finish eighth.
  • They, the coaches, underestimated Fouts. They did the same with Sarah and Krystal.
  • Murphy and crew scheduled a weaker out of conference schedules this season. The committee noticed that and it was reflected in the seasons' rankings (both polls and RPI.)
  • Murphy did a good job with recruiting and the open transfer market. He wasn't able to land a "Juarez." He was able to land two good pitchers.
  • We saw good results out of both pitchers that led to an unexpected W/L record.
  • In the end, while the committee still got it wrong, we're left with one thing.
Bama didn't have the pitching this season. We've seen inexperience, lack of talent, and other weaknesses in every sport we follow at Bama. That was this seasons Achilles heel.

It is what it is...now was. If something unfortunate doesn't hit we're in a different ballgame next season. I don't know if you've seen that Bama opens at FSU next season, spends in the next week in St. Pete's (FSU is there, along with 14 other teams: UCLA will be there, UW, UGA, and a few others.
Certainly will agree on this.....Bama will make a push next year...
And should have the pitching staff to support it....

Back
Top Bottom