| LIFE Why is chumming illegal in Alabama?

There was a 3-4 acre lake near my dad's house in Chalkville we use to fish all the time, one of those you had to walk about a mile thru the woods to get to it. We ran chum buckets filled with dog food a few times to catch some catfish in there and all we ever caught was snapping turtles. Had lots of treble hooks with various goodies on them - bacon, 1/2 a bream, chicken livers. We could never catch those damn catfish this way, tried 2-3 times.

I didn't have a lot of time to research it, and things may have changed, but it looks like the original law was written badly, and very vague. It appears the intent of the law was to prevent people form dumping traditional shark attracting chum off the beach near swimmers. However, by the letter of the law, one can not use any type of natural bait, period.

There was a 3-4 acre lake near my dad's house in Chalkville we use to fish all the time, one of those you had to walk about a mile thru the woods to get to it. We ran chum buckets filled with dog food a few times to catch some catfish in there and all we ever caught was snapping turtles. Had lots of treble hooks with various goodies on them - bacon, 1/2 a bream, chicken livers. We could never catch those damn catfish this way, tried 2-3 times.

A fence transformer + a Die Hard will work wonders:devil:

bacon and chicken livers? That's a lost opportunity for a meal in itself.

Back
Top Bottom