Who is Collegiate Images, LLP?

BAMA JAMMA

Verified Member
Not LLC. Reason I ask is I got an email today saying my 2007 Alabama highlights video was removed from youtube due to copyright infringement by the owners "Collegiate Images, LLP". I searched and came up empty. I think part of the reason why it got deleted after 2 years of being up is some asshat posted a comment today about it with a ton of cuss words and profanity. Even the username was pretty rough. The video was taken from tidesports and was edited by me. i know that does not = non-copyrighted but that's not my concern. i'm just curious as to who Collegiate Images LLP is and why they are claiming to be the owner of the material I used.

I went on TS's website and read their terms of service.

It states:

All materials published on TideSports.com (including, but not limited to news articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by The New York Times Company, Tuscaloosa News, TideSports.com, or the party credited as the provider of the Content.

Collegiate Sports LLP was not credited as the party who created this content so I'm curious if this is some bogus nazi youtube tactic. Which in fact is illegal in itself if that is the case. I'm not looking to go barking up a tree for this as I know i'm in the wrong in the first place. I'm just curious who these folks actually are. "P" is a long ways across the keyboard for "C" so I really don't think it's a typo of collegiate Images LLC, which is a legit site.

Oh well it was a good vid. /rant

If you were using someone else photo's in your video the owner of those photos can have your video taken down. I would not repost the video as suggested above because you could get hit with copyright infringement and be taken to court. FWIW

If you were using someone else photo's in your video the owner of those photos can have your video taken down. I would not repost the video as suggested above because you could get hit with copyright infringement and be taken to court. FWIW

I am very much aware of all that but please read over what I quoted from TS, which is where the content was taken from.

This is what I was told on another local forum I frequent not necessarily related to football persay:

The SEC now owns all rights to everything related to all SEC schools and their sports... I remember seeing the name "Collegiate Sports" included in all of the talk.

Basically, the SEC has their own information site now, so they want everyone to go there instead of Youtube, etc. The first draft of the new contract would have done away with all fan sites such as the rivals.com network, etc. It said that no footage could be shown after 48 hours past the end of the game and that basically no other site could show any footage of a SEC team, including footage they shot themselves.

The contract was ammended when the rivals.com and similar big network lawyers got ahold of the SEC, but alot of the stuff that didn't pertain to them stayed.

So, to answer your question... It's the SEC's alias to do their dirtywork under.

Sounds like the SEC is serious about protecting its copyrights. No doubt the LLC is the firm that is policing this for the conference. In a related article, it appears that the SEC is also exercising its copyright enforcement over members of the media.

News media protest SEC sports rules Conference policy restricts real-time reports, use of photos, video

Just goes to show how much value the conference places on its intellectual property. It is in YouTube's best interest to assist in the protection of copyrights.

But I'm still wondering who LLP is? I guess that is my main question. I understand the SEC now enforcing their policies more strictly these days, and it's to be expected. I'm just wondering who the LLP folks are. If they are fronting to be Collegiate Images, LLC then that is illegal in itself.

A limited liability partnership, or LLP, is a relatively new creation. It operates much like a limited partnership, but gives each member of the LLP an equal voice in managing the business. It also protects members from personal liability, except to the extent of their investment in the LLP.
Generally, partners in a limited liability partnership aren't responsible for another partner's debts, obligations, or liabilities resulting from negligence, malpractice or misconduct.
Professional organizations (such as accounting and law firms) often form as limited liability partnerships because they are specifically designed to limit malpractice claims against uninvolved partners. Partners are liable for debts and obligations created as a result of their own negligence, malpractice or misconduct, as well as those of any person under their direct supervision.

But I'm still wondering who LLP is? I guess that is my main question. I understand the SEC now enforcing their policies more strictly these days, and it's to be expected. I'm just wondering who the LLP folks are. If they are fronting to be Collegiate Images, LLC then that is illegal in itself.

Like I said before, it is likely that Collegiate Images, LLC is a licensed partner of the SEC that assigns and monitors the copyright of intellectual property for the conference. Since it's an LLC the company has probably fronted a sizable investment to the SEC against potential revenue. That is why they police it so vehemently.

Back
Top Bottom