| OT Which on will have the higher Preseason AP ranking for 2024: Bama Football -or- Bama Basketball?

A safe bet?

Basketball as a pre-season projected #1 seed vs football as an at-large invitation.
dont even know what team will be..in bball....who are starting 5...
May be pretty high based on recruiting....and a few returning ...

Go with football

...unless late portal entries...

But preseason doesnt mean much...

Post regular season....i think maybe bball...

dont even know what team will be..in bball....who are starting 5...
This is confusing. "Who are the starting five" is an odd question. That changed in the last few weeks of last season: we saw more than 10 "starting five's" last season with eight or nine of the guys getting multiple starts.

If you stop and look you'll see "what this team will be." There are only two questions remaining: who fills one spot and what does Mark decide.

This is confusing. "Who are the starting five" is an odd question. That changed in the last few weeks of last season: we saw more than 10 "starting five's" last season with eight or nine of the guys getting multiple starts.

If you stop and look you'll see "what this team will be." There are only two questions remaining: who fills one spot and what does Mark decide.
Hugh questions...nonetheless
Bball is game of skill...bu...also chemistry ...which is or is not developed thru season

Not a negative thing. Many teams will face same questions.....
Bball will be ranked high because of previous seasons success...and positive answers to ?????s and success of HC...l

The question was football or bball....the highest ... preseason
less questions as to football's 2024 preseason.... but endof year....??????

The question was football or bball....the highest ... preseason
...and my answer was? Basketball will have a higher post season projection than football in the pre-season. We're already seeing that happen.

ESPN:

Football pre-season ranked #9

Basketball pre-season ranked #6

A few weeks ago USA Today had the team ranked #2 behind Duke. As soon as the next verbal hits we'll see their rankings improve (with a guy that'll come off the bench) in the other media outlets as well.

Cbs

Football

Bball.

Lol. I guess its where u look. LOL
That's Dennis Dodd who had Bama at #2, now at #5, in football.

Gary Parrish has Bama at #9 in basketball.
As soon as the next verbal hits we'll see their rankings improve (with a guy that'll come off the bench) in the other media outlets as well.

BTW, notice that neither Dodd nor Parrish is listed in that "reliable" thread? I had "my fill" of Gary Parrish right at 25 years ago. His moral compass points straight to hell; a present from Gregg Doyle no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom