| FTBL Where does Sly Croom go now?

It is nice that all of you are so forgiving. That is a good Christian way to be. I am not so evolved, I suppose.

I understand fully that he was well liked by Coach Bryant and was a fine addition to 'Bama's team for several years. I know that he has done more for the University of Alabama than I ever have or will.

But, I just can't get over the fact that he turned on 'Bama fans, 'Bama players, and publicly ridiculed the University and misconstrued their intent on his non-hiring.

For four long years he had a raging vendetta against all things 'Bama. It was his official duty to crap on Alabama every week during his post game shows. It was a ritual he developed purposely where he would tell everyone in Starkville why Alabama would lose the next week, no matter who we were playing.

It was really bizarre.

He falsely and with no proof used the color of his skin to bash men and women just trying to hire what they thought was the best coach, at the time, for the University.

Didn't he also inform on Alabama to the NCAA for something so miniscule and petty as the media guide being a centimeter too thick or some such nonsense?

He personally antagonized and intimidated a former Alabama player saying things like the racists who run Alabama would never let him be QB. Regardless of the fact that this player turned out to be a drug dealer, that wasn't right for a grown man to be doing.

No, I have no respect for this person. You earn respect and he did. You lose respect also, according to your actions and what words come out of your mouth. He did that also, in my eyes.

Holy... huh? This is crazy talk. He slammed us a few times as any rival coach should do, but the other stuff is just flat-out untrue, specifically the one about J.J., who was never even considered at QB.

I understand how things get out of hand, but I gotta stick up for Sly on this one.

CtrlAltieDel said:
It is nice that all of you are so forgiving. That is a good Christian way to be. I am not so evolved, I suppose.

I understand fully that he was well liked by Coach Bryant and was a fine addition to 'Bama's team for several years. I know that he has done more for the University of Alabama than I ever have or will.

But, I just can't get over the fact that he turned on 'Bama fans, 'Bama players, and publicly ridiculed the University and misconstrued their intent on his non-hiring.

For four long years he had a raging vendetta against all things 'Bama. It was his official duty to crap on Alabama every week during his post game shows. It was a ritual he developed purposely where he would tell everyone in Starkville why Alabama would lose the next week, no matter who we were playing.

It was really bizarre.

He falsely and with no proof used the color of his skin to bash men and women just trying to hire what they thought was the best coach, at the time, for the University.

Didn't he also inform on Alabama to the NCAA for something so miniscule and petty as the media guide being a centimeter too thick or some such nonsense?

He personally antagonized and intimidated a former Alabama player saying things like the racists who run Alabama would never let him be QB. Regardless of the fact that this player turned out to be a drug dealer, that wasn't right for a grown man to be doing.

No, I have no respect for this person. You earn respect and he did. You lose respect also, according to your actions and what words come out of your mouth. He did that also, in my eyes.

Holy CRAP! I agree with you... 100% like

Back
Top Bottom