| FOOD What's for supper? Shhh! It's secreto

...cooked medium rare and served with my wife's roasted garlic parmesan green beans. Nice meal.

So, when grilling, I get a mound of very hot coals and top it with a chunk of mesquite wood just before grilling. I (as do most people) go for the crispy well browned exterior with a pink, juicy, **medium rare center.

** I was brought up that you cook the crap out of pork or you'd surely die from ... trichinosis or worms or whatever
Hard to overcome that at first and eat a medium rare pork - for me anyway.

It's a new thing for me this year. For those who may not have had it, it's hard to describe the flavor. I guess the closest thing is traditional pork - but it is definitely different - and delicious. I think it's very good - but not sure its worth the money...but my wife adores it. She's ordered it 3 different times within the past couple of months. The two best cuts are pluma and secreto. She likes secreto best. So she buys it with her own money and I'm the cook who also gets to partake. Good deal for me.

Maybe good for a special occasion pork thing - like Arkansas week.

For anyone interested -

and this is where we get it

:)

Too late! :)

I was almost gonna take a picture, but when I brought it in my phone was down in my office, and the wife was hungry...

If I remember to next time we have it I'll take a picture and add to this thread.

To get an idea - I found some pics and chose the one that looked the most like what I cooked last night.....
View attachment 26030
Give me some horseradish and I'm there.

Depends on how long it takes to regain consciousness. :p
As hot as I can get it applies to a lot of things in life!

Short story. I spent a couple of summers as a kid in Carmel, IN. My dad took all of us to St. Elmo Steakhouse a few times each summer. The experience stuck.

Fast forward ten years and I'm out of high school and living in Memphis. A friend of mine and I got a gig with the Coast Guard where we'd buy boats all over the central and eastern time zones and return them to their testing facility in Memphis. So, I hit St Elmo's a few more times.

The place has been in business since 1900 or so. 120+ years. A few years ago they opened an Amazon store selling their spices, sauces, etc.

Their horseradish? Unreal. (I can get it at Whole Foods here as well.) The cocktail sauce?!?! I have both and plan on breaking the cocktail sauce out tonight or tomorrow.

GOOD STUFF!!!

Back
Top Bottom