| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC What do you consider to be the best series finale you've seen?

TerryP

Staff
With the discussion about how GOT ended which led to comments about Seinfeld and Breaking Bad it brought the question to mind ...

Out of the series you've followed which TV show had the best conclusion?

The Big Bang Theory finale was completely predictable, but it was exactly as it should have been. Seinfeld...I guess you could say the same; I was hoping for more. It's still my favorite all-time series. M*A*S*H's finale was good, but...It dragged out too long, and I didn't like the Winchester angle. I'm going with Breaking Bad. It had everything we needed to see, plus a good twist near the end.

I'm curious, have any of you watched Six Feet Under?
I was going to mention that one when I started this thread. Amazing cast (especially in retrospect) and the way the story arc went from the father's death to Peter's death...well written show all the way through. It was a "Sunday night must watch" to the same degree of the Soprano's.

(When that show concluded I had enough respect for Alan Ball that I started watching True Blood ... didn't make it through that series. Not even close.)

On my to-do list.

It's one of the few recent series (last 15 years) I've watched. I didn't start watching it until the series had ended. A buddy at work gave me a hard time because he said it was in my wheelhouse (old soul who drinks bourbon and old fashions), believed i should've been an adult in the 60's instead of being born then. The writing is outstanding.

A buddy at work gave me a hard time because he said it was in my wheelhouse (old soul who drinks bourbon and old fashions), believed i should've been an adult in the 60's instead of being born then.
That's really a fitting description. The quips I've made about your style ... he's spot-on, Tim. Outside of a few clips, I've never watched the series.

Two series came to mind over the last few days.

One, Justified. It was full circle with Rayland and Boyd's characters. A nod to Adam Arkin ... he was directing and is one of the best in my view.

Olyphant brings me to Deadwood. In case you've missed it that series has a follow up movie debuting this month on HBO.

Remember I still don't have cable, I do have a Fire Stick that I could watch some of these shows. But here my list of good and not so good ended.

1. Quantum Leap: Al get to stay marry to one of his wife, and Dr. Sam Becket never returned home.

2.Magnum, P.I. now this one had two ended the first was Thomas Magnum drying you see him walking up to heaven. So someone wanted to do one more season so this time Magnum rejoin the Navy.
3. M*A*S*H*, The Big Bang Theory

ALF no one had talk about this one and I know a lot of you this one.

Two series came to mind over the last few days.

One, Justified. It was full circle with Rayland and Boyd's characters. A nod to Adam Arkin ... he was directing and is one of the best in my view.

Olyphant brings me to Deadwood. In case you've missed it that series has a follow up movie debuting this month on HBO.

Deadwood was awesome. No idea how that show didn't run longer, stupid John from Cincinnati.

Thanks for reminding me...I knew I was forgetting two, no three series.

I loved Justified. I watched every episode each week without fail. But that finale though...I don't know. It reminded me too much of The Shield (my wife and I have waited long enough; we're going to binge that whole series this summer). I just didn't see either Rayland or Mackey getting the ending I wanted (me, me, me...I know). Mackey probably did get what he deserved, but like Rayland, since they both seemed to win so much, their closure seemed so...anti-climatic.

Then there's Sons of Anarchy; I did not like that finale at all. But then again, that whole series went on one season too long. Too much unnecessary drama; Jax's lame ending seemed appropriate for a lame season.

I dropped out of that series with two, maybe three season remaining. I felt there were too many main characters written out ... eventually just lost interest.

I was thinking about The Shield as well. Coincidentally, Walter Goggans again.
Did you catch Walter Goggins in SOA? That was a...different role for him. He was hilarious in Vice Principals.

Did you catch Walter Goggins in SOA? That was a...different role for him.
I had forgotten about that. Venus Van Dam.

On a related note, I caught Damon Herriman (played Dewey on Justified) in a similar role. He was in an Australian TV series Secret City where he played 'cross-dresser,' (we'll call it that for lack of a better description.) It's currently on Netflix.

He was hilarious in Vice Principals.
I enjoyed that largely due to being able to recognize so many landmarks in each episode. Danny McBride is still in town filming his latest HBO series. I see casting calls for that several times a week.

Back
Top Bottom