| FTBL Well, That's It...Bama's Screwed. The nzaa Has Bama Now...

bama alum

The article document four players. That's four players out of maybe...nearly 300. Damn! What will we do??

Alabama Transfer Reopens Improper Benefit Controversy With Picture of Dodge Charger

5862a03de58abf815c000003.png

Alabama Transfer Reopens Improper Benefit Controversy With Picture of Dodge Charger
Nick Brown27 DEC 2016

Alabama is the top college football program in the nation, and of course, that comes with some perks for its players.

Apparently, that just might include a Dodge car, as the latest Alabama transfer's newest picture opened up a controversy with quite a bit of evidence.

Isaiah Buggs was one of the top Junior College prospects in the nation, an decided to transfer to Alabama to continue his playing career. Not long after this announcement, he put up a picture of him with his new car, a Dodge Charger.

However, that got people thinking.

Follow
Busted Coverage

✔@bustedcoverage

Derrick Henry posed with a Dodge back during the Bama days. Now Isaiah Buggs has a new Dodge. Bama players really love Dodge, it seems

10:12 AM - 27 Dec 2016
Derrick Henry also posted a picture with a nice new Dodge when he started at 'Bama. But wait, there's a whole lot more evidence than that.

Alabama stars seem to ALWAYS have Dodge cars.

Follow
Busted Coverage

C0she0OUAAEDKU2.jpg

✔@bustedcoverage
Need more proof that Bama players really love Dodge?
10:18 AM - 27 Dec 2016
Well that certainly is quite the coincidence isn't it?

I guess Alabama players just really like Dodge cars, wink, wink.

:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

I remember after the Cam Newton debacle at Awbrin a long article came out about what it takes to be a "bag man" for a collegiate football team. (If you all remember that was the infamous phrase Danny Sheridan kept using)

The articles was very enlightening.....and with a little google search, [url=http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview]Boom. [/URL]
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview
If you take the time to read this, the "bag man" that is interviewed explains how easy it is for kids to get cars this day and age at all the major schools. Anybody remember the hoopdy mobile that McFadden was driving while at Arkansas? The wheels on that car cost as much as the car did.

anyone with a little pull with any police officer can find out the actual owners of these alleged "gifts".

also, they can find out if the cars were paid for with cash (i.e., check, money order, cashier's check, etc.) or if payments are being made on them.

you just gotta love journalism that has no integrity or background checks.

"hey look, they all drive dodges, and they're all new, so they must've been bought for them. there's no way a college student can afford a new car."

and i guess nobody's parents ever bought them a car.

reminds me of when Greg McElroy was spotted driving his land rover and people went crazy thinking it was bought for him by a booster since a college student could never afford a luxury vehicle like that. and not one of them bothered to think that maybe his dad, since he was the president of operations (or something like that) with the freakin' dallas cowboys, could afford to buy something like that for his son.....which is totally legal.

2-3 Semesters worth of Pell grants and student loans can buy a nice used charger when you're on a full athletic scholarship.

Exactly. A girl I coached ran for UAB and put $4500 in her pocket the first year (no loans). Her family literally had nothing. I think she bought an old used car, but you could make some pretty high car payments annually with that cash.

Growing up I personally had a fetish for a Hemi 440 GTX with a six pack, pistol grip shifter.
Sorry; I don't necessarily consider myself a Mopar guy anymore, but my family was Mopar back in the day and especially during the muscle car days. The Hemi you are thinking of was the 426 not the 440; in the hierarchy of Mopar engines the 426 Hemi was THE engine and the 440 six pack was the second engine of choice. The 440 did NOT come with Hemispherical heads. The six pack refers to it's fuel delivery; not all 440's came with the six pack. There were multiple displacements of Chrysler's Hemi engines; 331/354, but then came the 392 Hemi before the famous everyone remembers 426 Hemi's. Both 426 Hemi and the 440's were dang beastly engines, but two different engines is the point.

Sorry; I don't necessarily consider myself a Mopar guy anymore, but my family was Mopar back in the day and especially during the muscle car days. The Hemi you are thinking of was the 426 not the 440; in the hierarchy of Mopar engines the 426 Hemi was THE engine and the 440 six pack was the second engine of choice. The 440 did NOT come with Hemispherical heads. The six pack refers to it's fuel delivery; not all 440's came with the six pack. There were multiple displacements of Chrysler's Hemi engines; 331/354, but then came the 392 Hemi before the famous everyone remembers 426 Hemi's. Both 426 Hemi and the 440's were dang beastly engines, but two different engines is the point.

LOL. Just said it was my desire, never owned one. My point, I don't blame these youngsters for wanting the biggest and badest at their age, it's what we all did before them. Actually, I had two muscles cars in my youth, 67 Chevelle SS 396 and a 66 Chevy II SS. Both completely restored, yeah, I was a chevy guy. But those Dodge and Plymouth beast may have been rust buckets but they would straight fly, right off the lot.

I just the afternoon on a Dodge lot. Looking at the prices of the new Chargers or Challengers isn't too bad. I did come across one Charger pushing the envelope at $40K though. Now used ones are definitely easier to snag! What is new to Isaiah Buggs may be a 4-5 year old car. I had to chuckle about them mentioning Jarran Reed and his '11 Charger. That car would have been already 3 years old by the time he stepped on campus.

I just the afternoon on a Dodge lot. Looking at the prices of the new Chargers or Challengers isn't too bad. I did come across one Charger pushing the envelope at $40K though. Now used ones are definitely easier to snag! What is new to Isaiah Buggs may be a 4-5 year old car. I had to chuckle about them mentioning Jarran Reed and his '11 Charger. That car would have been already 3 years old by the time he stepped on campus.

Im actually thinking bout going with a charger next time I get a vehicle. I've always had trucks and either Silverados or S-10s literally since I was 16 but the rental they gave me when I got into a wreck a cpl years ago was a charger and man that car was a BEAST and plenty of space.

Students that qualify get 5500 a school year, or 3750 a semester in Pell grants.

Add a paltry 2k student loan, that 5750.

Add the 1500-some-odd stipend (conservative figure, I can't remember what they're allowed now, but it's at least that)...

And that's 7250. In one semester.

That's a NICE used hi-mileage Charger, WITH rims, bill of sale, and tag issued before classes even start.

Move along, nothing to see here but desperate goat-humpers from the NTYF trying, and failing, to get "Bammer" in trouble.

***************EDIT******************

I looked it up, and a clean, 2010 Charger with 87k miles is as low as $7600. So a freshman could enroll, get his financial aid and stipends, and literally pay cash money for a "new" (to him) Charger and be driving it before he sets foot in his first classroom.

Kelley Blue Book

Last edited:
Instead of editing my previous post AGAIN....

Bama players get a reported $5350 stipend for those from out-of-state. Let's just assume that's per academic year, so split that in half for the sake of being conservative. That's $2675 per semester, a full 1175 higher than my original estimate.

So, that's roughly $8475 in the 1st semester that an incoming freshman would receive.

If that 5350 figure is per SEMESTER, well, then it's a totally different ball game at over 10k for 1 semester. Now we're talking a couple years newer, or racing stripes and wheels.

Then if a frosh is disciplined with his money, he can spend roughly 16-20k in January (start of spring semester) following his first football season.

I'm just baffled at the idiocy of desperate barners. So blinded by the jealousy perpetuated by their little sibling syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom