| ADMIN đźš¨ We'll be running an upgrade Thursday evening. PWA update for Android and iOS + a few things ...

TerryP

Staff
iOS 16.4 finally introduced push notifications for iOS devices. To use this you'll need to install the site as a PWA (use the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari.) It's controlled, here, through "Preferences" found in your user profile.

The PWA (progressive web app) will also be enhanced with additional gesture based or UI controls, including pull down to refresh and a floating back button.

A few security upgrades, some UI changes ... basically a lot of stuff under the hood as we move from XFv2.2.12 to 2.2.13.

We may see some downtime, but it shouldn't be too long.

The down side ...

Our server host, software company, et. al. all work on BST time. So, it looks like we'll be starting this sometime after 7 ET on Thursday ...

'preciate your patience folks!

T

This is just for our phones?
You can use a PWA on a Chromebook, tablet, any number of devices that run on an Android platform.

iOS is a different animal. The PWA hasn't been available on that platform. The same would apply with their iPad, I'd certainly assume. I don't use Apple products so I'll have to do some research or ask Lance to run through the process.

For what it's worth ... if you didn't know.

A PWA is essentially the same thing as an app. One big difference is the amount of space used.

Hasn’t been an issue on my phone which I’m on now, just the laptop. I figure it’s just on my end, but it’s only our site doing it for some reason. Once it loads though, it’s perfectly fine/fast. And it doesn’t do it every time.

Back
Top Bottom