| FTBL Watched DJ Fluker play tonight...Awesome

Southern Bama

Verified Member
Just got finished watching the Foley / McGill Toolen game. To say that he is an awesome athlete is an understatement. He dominates the line. Foley ran behind him most of the night. He has size, speed, and remarkable agility...nobody got past him all night...Heck of a motivator and team leader..you can see him keeping the team charged up while on the field. If we end up getting him in Tuscaloosa....He will be fun to watch...and defenses will dread going against him. BTW...Foley won 24-17. McGill was ranked 6th (I think) in the state. Big Win.

Thats awesome, I watched some of his recruiting videos and I was very impressed. I am going to watch the Gdsden City v. Clay Chalkville game next weekend which means I will get a chance to see Dre Kirkpatrick, Kendall Kelly, and Quinton Dial. Don't know that I have ever been this excited about a high school game.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear Fluker did well and I'm pleased to hear the outcome of the game.

By the way, here is a photo of Fluker taken at the game...

GDHSVFVWBRSBYMK.20081018075102.jpg

Porter said:
Another recent picture...

l_5c1274cdd0c37aca723ab818ccd28b0e.jpg

When God created DJ Fluker, he had left tackle on his mind.

:shock: Wow, I didn't realize how huge this guy was. I do have a question for you Porter, or anyone that has seen Fluker play. How would you compare him to maybe Andre when he was a senior in high school?

BamaCore said:
Porter said:

:shock: Wow, I didn't realize how huge this guy was. I do have a question for you Porter, or anyone that has seen Fluker play. How would you compare him to maybe Andre when he was a senior in high school?

I wanted to see Fluker play tonight, but my plans for that kinda fell apart. I've only seen him on film and spoken with folks who have seen him in person. He is still a bit raw as an offensive lineman at this stage, he hasn't been doing it very long, unlike Andre when he was a Sr. He still dominates though just because of his sheer size, strength, and quickness. Andre was/is shorter and more compact, shorter arms, and actually built more for the guard position, but he has enough freakish ability that he can play tackle as well as anyone on his level. Fluker, while not as polished as Smith was at the same stage, is more built for the position. Better size, longer arms. As long as he continues to develop in terms of technique, the sky is the limit for him.

Porter said:
BamaCore said:
Porter said:

I wanted to see Fluker play tonight, but my plans for that kinda fell apart. I've only seen him on film and spoken with folks who have seen him in person. He is still a bit raw as an offensive lineman at this stage, he hasn't been doing it very long, unlike Andre when he was a Sr. He still dominates though just because of his sheer size, strength, and quickness. Andre was/is shorter and more compact, shorter arms, and actually built more for the guard position, but he has enough freakish ability that he can play tackle as well as anyone on his level. Fluker, while not as polished as Smith was at the same stage, is more built for the position. Better size, longer arms. As long as he continues to develop in terms of technique, the sky is the limit for him.

Ah, thanks for the feedback, I haven't really been able to keep up with recruiting as much as I was able to last year. I had never really thought about it, but you're right about Andre. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing Fluker playing in a crimson jersey.

TerryP said:
"...if we end up getting him..."

"..hopefully he'll look..."

Where is all of that coming from?

Thats coming from life experiences. Alot can happen between now and his potential first day in the crimson and white. He must stay healthy...no major injuries, academics, and he may just change his mind...folks have been known to do that from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom