| FTBL UGA VI has passed away

ghice

Verified Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3465221

Normally I wouldn't post about other teams mascots, but I have to give a salute to any mascot that can't stand barners :D

UGA%20attacking%20Auburn.jpg

Good dog.

It Takes Eleven said:
I believe UGA V was the one wanting to take a bite out of the aubrun WR (Baker?). UGA VI's son (UGA VII - surprise) actually worked a game or two this past season.

RTR,

Tim

Oh well, good dog none the less

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
I seem to recall the last one dying just a couple of years back.

That breed has a very short life-span. All of the UGA's are from the same blood line/parents.

Just to wrap this up with another thread, the combined lineage of UGA mascots have killed seven children and maimed countless others while posing for photos.

I kid, I kid. (my emoticon lever is broken)

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
TerryP said:
reger60 said:

That breed has a very short life-span. All of the UGA's are from the same blood line/parents.

Just to wrap this up with another thread, the combined lineage of UGA mascots have killed seven children and maimed countless others while posing for photos.

RTR,

Tim

Pure comedy!

It Takes Eleven said:
TerryP said:
reger60 said:

RTR,

Tim

Now that was funny. Where is Big Fan? I hope he does not start another pit bull rant.

There were two separate UGA incidents with the barners. UGA V did indeed try to give Robert Baker a nip in the leg a few years back. The most recent UGA lunged at a barner but his handler restrained him. The UGA lineage just doesn't like barners.

The SEC has many fantastic traditions which make it that most colorful conference in football. The lineage of UGAs is one of the many factors that lend "flavor" to each school's idea of How To Do Football.

It is good to see that the tradition will live one, and I'm glad to see it. (Although burying the dogs INSIDE the stadium strikes me as a bit wierd...but to each his own.)

Back
Top Bottom