| FTBL Tua says he's the only one moving to Miami; family staying put.

18Champs

One interesting comment Tua shared during the interview, his family plans on staying in Alabama as his younger brother Taulia is currently on the Crimson Tide roster. Some fans have questioned what the tight-knit family would do following Tua’s selection but the new Dolphin quarterback says he’ll be moving to Miami on his own.

“It’s similar weather but sadly I’ll be the only one coming out there to Miami,” Tagovailoa shared. “My parents are studying out here and focusing on my brother who’s in college and my two younger sisters. It’s going to have to be a new home away from home.”

Spring probably cost Tulia his snapshot at future.....as far as Bama is concerned.....
.....Canes licking their lips at thought.....
And playing bama in 21....
But.... who knows how things will evolve with the immediate future of CF....

I never understood why some on this board assumed Talia would be transferring.
It's not so much transferring in my case; it's the assumption it would be Miami. I believe the family won't look at Lia's situation the same as Tua's: Hawaii to Bama in Tua's case. That's a long distance. If they did move to Florida, what's that for Lia even if he's attending OU?

My gut tells me he's leaving in 2021. Bryce will beat him out of his position on the depth chart.

It's not so much transferring in my case; it's the assumption it would be Miami. I believe the family won't look at Lia's situation the same as Tua's: Hawaii to Bama in Tua's case. That's a long distance. If they did move to Florida, what's that for Lia even if he's attending OU?

My gut tells me he's leaving in 2021. Bryce will beat him out of his position on the depth chart.

Ditto!

It's still Mac to loses!

It is. We all have high hopes for Young, but Mac will start this year. I knew before I was...corrected or set straight. On that note, I belong to a couple of private Bama fb pages. One is all but a bunch of old people relishing the good ...Anyway, the other one is pretty active. One of members is the father of one our current offensive players (not revealing the name). A couple of months ago, I posted another article singing the praises of Bryce Young, and the dad was quick to point out that we're all making too much of Young. This will be Mac's team moving forward.

You're right in that Lia is a talented QB. The line of demarcation starts there: Young is an elite talent.
A couple of months ago, I posted another article singing the praises of Bryce Young, and the dad was quick to point out that we're all making too much of Young
A few weeks before Young flipped I started posting articles from different sites around the country on what is expected. I wasn't posting anything from a Bama angle or a beat writer for UA. They were all outside of UA's influence and all of them had HIGH praise for Bryce.

Setting that aside my opinion on what happens with Bryce comes from people around the complex. They all find Bryce to be an elite talent. A few believe he's going to better than Tua (based on is size and athleticism.)

I don't know who you are talking about here but I find it interesting comparing the feelings of the father of a player to those who are recruiting and working with Bryce.

I don't know who you are talking about here but I find it interesting comparing the feelings of the father of a player to those who are recruiting and working with Bryce.

All I'm going to say on a public forum is that his son is an upperclassman; therefore, since the family is firmly ensconced and in the know, they know that Young will not displace Mac Jones.

(Maybe not in September - but that's me thinking out loud.)

I never understood why some on this board assumed Talia would be transferring.

Missing spring drills was a big deal for Bama as well as everybody else in college football but JMO it might have been decision time for #5 if things hadn't gone positive for him. I think he stays thru this season and then transfers that would allow him to play two seasons after the transfer year. It actually works out better if you go now and you still will have 3 years to play after this redshirt/transfer year.

We'll see.

All I'm going to say on a public forum is that his son is an upperclassman; therefore, since the family is firmly ensconced and in the know, they know that Young will not displace Mac Jones.

(Maybe not in September - but that's me thinking out loud.)
It's my opinion we'll see a repeat of 2009 with the QB rotation. If you recall, while AJ was technically #2 on the depth chart, the only way he was burning his shirt was if Greg was injured.

I look at next year the same with a few exceptions. We'll see Young in three or four games at the minimum. If they can 'shirt him, they will. The only way they don't is if Mac is injured (and then they've got a real competition on their hands.)

I expect Mac to turn a lot of heads this season and possibly work his way into the first two rounds next spring. However, I don't expect Lia to win the job in '21. It's a case of comparing a talented kid to an elitely talented kid.

You're right in that Lia is a talented QB. The line of demarcation starts there: Young is an elite talent.

A few weeks before Young flipped I started posting articles from different sites around the country on what is expected. I wasn't posting anything from a Bama angle or a beat writer for UA. They were all outside of UA's influence and all of them had HIGH praise for Bryce.

Setting that aside my opinion on what happens with Bryce comes from people around the complex. They all find Bryce to be an elite talent. A few believe he's going to better than Tua (based on is size and athleticism.)

Is Mac still the front-runner, gut feeling?

I look at next year the same with a few exceptions. We'll see Young in three or four games at the minimum. If they can 'shirt him, they will. The only way they don't is if Mac is injured (and then they've got a real competition on their hands.)

But wait....if Young is that good....i hope he is....then....3 years on campus and to the nfl he goes....
So...would be crazy to RS him.......

Back
Top Bottom