• Thread starter CRIMSONTUSKS.COM BLOG
  • Start date
C

CRIMSONTUSKS.COM BLOG

Trickle Down Economics and Pigskin Prognostication Week 9
October 27, 2008

By Mitchell Carter (Big_Fan)

Alabama vs. Arkansas State - and a Look Back at UT

The orange has been juiced. As more than one RollTideBama.com writer noted, the Tennessee game provided a great opportunity for the Crimson Tide to finally put together four quarters of quality football, and the team delivered.

The Trickle down prediction called for a 35 - 14 Bama victory, however as noted in later commentary, I had some question as to whether or not UT would be able to score 14 points against the Alabama defense. The latter comment proved prophetic, as the only points put up on the Alabama defense came by way of a gift field goal, and a late drive with some odd looking officiating.

As predicted, Chapman was able to do more than hold his own against the Volunteer offensive line, and the Vols did try to test the middle of the defensive line early. Chapman’s presence was noticeable, as the youngster repeatedly gained penetration - or occupied the offensive line to the point where middle blitzes came unblocked.

Ironically, Alabama may actually be better at pressuring up the middle when Chapman is in the game...

Read the Recap and the Arkansas State Preview/Breakdown on our Blog

SnakeFan said:
You really think they can score 2 TDs on our defense or is it in the 4th quarter against our "reserves?"

One of each.

I think they surprise us early and get one late.

Their O is much better than UT.

Big_Fan said:
SnakeFan said:
You really think they can score 2 TDs on our defense or is it in the 4th quarter against our "reserves?"

One of each.

Right now, I'm leaning more to the 17-21 point end with these guys. From what I've watched of them the last few days they remind me a lot of Houston...

TerryP said:
Big_Fan said:
SnakeFan said:

One of each.

Right now, I'm leaning more to the 17-21 point end with these guys. From what I've watched of them the last few days they remind me a lot of Houston...

You may be right... I initially said 21 but backed it down when I saw the whole body of Louisiana Lafayette vs what they did to ASU.

It's another game that sets us up nicely for the following week.

With Ole Miss and their Wild Rebel defending anything they did with Berry came natural.

Arkansas State's QB is a good runner and passer...so, that sets us up well for facing Lee and Hatch the week after this one.

In fact, if you look at our games this season, that's happened a lot.

Back
Top Bottom