| FTBL There are a few that care

It must really be tough for him. I can only imagine. He transferred to Bama with high hopes only to be part of what many will remember as a terrible blemish in our history. It hurts us all, but better days are to come.

Darren Mustin has no reason to hang his head this year. That's all I know. Mustin has come from almost nothing to be one of our fan favorites on defense. He's got desire and plays hard every play regardless of the score and that is why we all love him like we do.

You take 11 kids like Mustin on your defense and you can win a national championship. It's not always about stars. Sometimes it's about heart and desire.

porkchop said:
Darren Mustin has no reason to hang his head this year. That's all I know. Mustin has come from almost nothing to be one of our fan favorites on defense. He's got desire and plays hard every play regardless of the score and that is why we all love him like we do.

You take 11 kids like Mustin on your defense and you can win a national championship. It's not always about stars. Sometimes it's about heart and desire.

I agree 100%!

bamafan4ever said:
porkchop said:

I agree 100%!
Make that 110%!!

Mustin, Gilberry, Johnson, Jackson, Prince Hall, McClain, Knight to name a few. The defenseive side of the ball is giving more effort than the offensive side IMHO. Something aint clicking with the offense, besides the obvious. A full Team effort has only happened once this year. UT. If they pull out a team effort this week something big could happen.

You know it's a bad situation when your offense were the ones supposed to win you games, but instead they are losing games. Our defense played well enough to win 3, maybe 4 of our 5 losses. Definitely have played well enough the last two games. :?

“I was thinking we were going to stop them as many times as we had to in order to give our offense the ball back,” Castille said. “We did that. We gave our offense a chance to tie the game and we came up short.

Wow what a read! Heartbreaking for everyone fans,team, and coachs.

Outlaw said:
You know it's a bad situation when your offense were the ones supposed to win you games, but instead they are losing games. Our defense played well enough to win 3, maybe 4 of our 5 losses. Definitely have played well enough the last two games. :?

I disagree i thought they played horrible against monroe...same can be said about our offense.

I just have a weird feeling that we will go back to the shotgun passing attack against auburn and really play phsyical on defense against them.

Im predicting a win over auburn

This is the deal.. Our offense has been so dreadful it has made or defense look great. But at best our defense is average.. Nothing more. I just hope with a new lineup of recruits, along will come some new talent and offensive creativity.. @@@@@ Tide

ACL11190 said:
Outlaw said:

I disagree i thought they played horrible against monroe...same can be said about our offense.

I just have a weird feeling that we will go back to the shotgun passing attack against auburn and really play phsyical on defense against them.

Im predicting a win over auburn

I can't say a defense plays horrible when they give up under 300 yards and holds a team 100+ yardage under their season average.

Toss in the fact that one of their scoring drives happened to be a 1 play, 1 yard drive.

On to Auburn though...

Tider 27 said:
I hate it for Mustin. I hope he ends this season with a bang, but either way we're damn proud of him and the defense.

Mustin and Knight have impressed me the most this year. Mustin, for all the hard work and effort he puts in on the field...not to mention that whole transfer/walk-on deal. And Knight for working hard, switching positions, again, and finally finding his place on this team.

Let's hope for some inspired performances on Saturday. RTR!

porkchop said:

Amen!!!

I was watching a replaay last night of a classic Bama game, the 1976 Sugar Bowl, the first game ever in the dome. Two outstanding teams,(Bama and Penn State) and two outstanding coaches (Bear and Joe Pa). I am bringing this up now because although Bama had some great players then (Baumhower, Lowe, Todd, Nathean, Newsome, Cook) they also had players whose name I had not heard in a long time, like Conley Duncan, Mike Stock, Gus White. What characterized that team, as well as other great teams the Bear had, was oneness. Eleven guys playing together, executing their assignments. That's what it takes to win, especially at the high levels. What hurt us Saturday was that at key times we had breakdowns, just one player, who didn't safeguard the football or didn't make a catch or did not see an open receiver, or missed a block, or who reacted wrong on a pass route, or missed a tackle. As you see, the list is long, and there were many players involved.

We won't get where we want to be until we have the guys with the mental, as well as physical toughness.

BamaDelta said:
The loss devastated senior Darren Mustin, who entered the postgame press conference emotionally shaken. When someone asked Mustin if he could describe his feelings, the former walk-on linebacker turned misty-eyed.

“I can’t do this,” Mustin mumbled as he walked away.

:cry: i'm so sick of heartache, year after year. god, i hope i don't become an obnoxious fan whenever we hit our next successful period.

Back
Top Bottom