| CURRENT EVENTS The Port Strike. This video made me laugh, until it didn't.

I’m not privy to the contract or negotiations, but I was told by a cwa rep that a lot of promises where made to the dock workers et al. To follow protocol and do certain “things” during Covid and the authority reneged on that. That’s just part of this, but apparently was the starting point….
That how it was worded to me, not sure what was meant by “things”….

I’m not privy to the contract or negotiations, but I was told by a cwa rep that a lot of promises where made to the dock workers et al. To follow protocol and do certain “things” during Covid and the authority reneged on that. That’s just part of this, but apparently was the starting point….
That how it was worded to me, not sure what was meant by “things”….
In the last contract negotiations, workers asked for - and management agreed - no automation at the ports. Management broke that deal and automated many aspects of the ports. The laborers continued to work through this violation of the agreement. Now labor wants the automation removed.

In the last contract negotiations, workers asked for - and management agreed - no automation at the ports. Management broke that deal and automated many aspects of the ports. The laborers continued to work through this violation of the agreement. Now labor wants the automation removed.
Yeah that’s the hot button “thing” i guess she was talking about….

Back
Top Bottom