| FTBL Talk about struggling for some positive news

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

Check out this article on the Barn. Roomies and buddies. Next they'll write an article about how Brandon Cox fell off the teeter totter in third grade and it changed his life. :roll:

And BTW, they're going to make it a "Mobile thing" down there. Only problem is, by all accounts it looks like their days of recruiting in Mobile have just about come to an end. The'll be lucky if Saban lets them have 2 recruits out there this year when it's all said and done.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/118665101924250.xml&coll=3

Talk about grapsing for straws :shock: .

That piece was a total manufacture job by the Press-Register and the timing is ironic isn't it - being that we are putting a hurting on them in the Mobile area? The story was worthless.

I read that and thought to muself, "Is AU paying these people?" The barn does not have a single recruit from the Mobile area this year. What do you expect from a newspaper that hires Neil Mcready? :roll:

porkchop said:
Check out this article on the Barn. Roomies and buddies. Next they'll write an article about how Brandon Cox fell off the teeter totter in third grade and it changed his life. :roll:

And BTW, they're going to make it a "Mobile thing" down there. Only problem is, by all accounts it looks like their days of recruiting in Mobile have just about come to an end. The'll be lucky if Saban lets them have 2 recruits out there this year when it's all said and done.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/118665101924250.xml&coll=3

You're funny. I respect you, hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and (expletive) my sister.

Keep telling yourself that everything is perfect just because of your new coach, who is good, decorated even.

He's not the savior. He's not the second coming of anyone. He's a great recruiter, but we'll get more than the scraps from Mobile.

Before everyone jumps on me, let me point out that I am not attacking your program, which is greatly improved from nine months ago. And I am not attacking your forum, which is pretty good for the most part.

I am attacking the opinion of one of your admins that takes an article about a team he professes to care nothing about and turns it into an op/ed piece on how your new coach to going to dominate a fertile recruiting ground from now on. Simply not true. Alabama will do better than Auburn in the Mobile area this year, due to several different factors, one being the effect of the Saban factor. But we won't give up that area easily. In fact, let's you and I make a wager, p, that the careers of the three players that Auburn got for the Mobile Baldwin area last year will have better college careers than the ones that Alabama picks up this year. And that includes Julio Jones. Interested?

I would take that bet. Every kid I see speaking is talking about how UA is rolling especially in the Mobile area. We should have another Mobie prospect commiting soon (Barron). How many Mobile kids does the barn have commited?

Tigrinum Major said:
You're funny. I respect you, hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and (expletive) my sister.

I would like to apologize in advance for this post, but I can’t let an Auburn fan post something like this without saying….

You think Daddy would climb off her long enough to give someone else a turn? :lol:

Well, I have to jump on you Tig 'cause....that's just what I do. :D Even your wife probably thinks you're a jerk at times. :wink:

I'll give you a bit of credit for now though so give us some. We're excited because of several reasons. For once we're not only able to compete in recruiting, but it looks like we may just nab 'em. I say "may" because obviously signing day is long away, and this whole new early signing situation is new to the college scene.

I'm skeptical because there is an entire season ahead of us, and these are all young kids. Young kids today don't necessarily respect and honor the word commitment like our generation did.

Even if they all come to Alabama the recruiting excitement must translate to making the grade and then learning the system and then producing on the field. Then, and only then will I truly believe we are completely over the hump.

We have a long way to go, but we are certainly headed in the right direction and a very positive and exciting one at that. I hope we have many big wins ahead of us, and the #1 on my list would be you know who.

RollTideRandy said:
Tigrinum Major said:

You think Daddy would climb off her long enough to give someone else a turn? :lol:

Bad... Bad, very bad...

What about Gramps & the favorite uncle??? I expected more from y'all!

Tigrinum Major said:
porkchop said:

That's original.

Keep telling yourself that everything is perfect just because of your new coach, who is good, decorated even.

Perfect? Where did I say that? Those are your words not mine.

He's not the savior. He's not the second coming of anyone. He's a great recruiter, but we'll get more than the scraps from Mobile.

Again, your words not mine. I've never said the guy was a savior or the second coming of anyone. It seems to me that a nerve has been struck here and someone got their widdle feewings hurt. You took offense to that Brandon Cox on the teeter totter comment didn't you. :( My bad.

Before everyone jumps on me, let me point out that I am not attacking your program, which is greatly improved from nine months ago. And I am not attacking your forum, which is pretty good for the most part.

I am attacking the opinion of one of your admins that takes an article about a team he professes to care nothing about and turns it into an op/ed piece on how your new coach to going to dominate a fertile recruiting ground from now on. Simply not true. Alabama will do better than Auburn in the Mobile area this year, due to several different factors, one being the effect of the Saban factor. But we won't give up that area easily. In fact, let's you and I make a wager, p, that the careers of the three players that Auburn got for the Mobile Baldwin area last year will have better college careers than the ones that Alabama picks up this year. And that includes Julio Jones. Interested?

First of all, it's a slow day and I linked it to have a little fun. If you'll look at my comments again you'll notice that they were as much about the article itself and how comical I found it that this was actually "news". Okay, it also happens to be about Auburn. Don't get your panties in a wad. You've been on here long enough to know that I rarely link anything about AU to these forums, or even care enough about them to discuss what they do on a regular basis. The really ironic thing though (and the historic difference between your site and this one) is that this will be big news on your forum by tonight. Everything we say over here always is.

Secondly, I'm not all that interested in making a bet with you on something like that. Unless the guidelines can be narrowed down some it's just too broad and opinionated a topic. I'll make a bet with you on something like the Iron Bowl game if you want.

Bones82 said:
I would take that bet. Every kid I see speaking is talking about how UA is rolling especially in the Mobile area. We should have another Mobie prospect commiting soon (Barron). How many Mobile kids does the barn have commited?

It has nothing to do with this year. We got three ( I think) from that area last year. You will probably get that many this year. Let's compare in three to four years.

Of course, I'll probably be dead from a heart attack by then. That, or a jealous husband.

RollTideRandy said:
Tigrinum Major said:

I would like to apologize in advance for this post, but I can’t let an Auburn fan post something like this without saying….

Excellent hustle.

Lose the "lol" emoticon. That is so AOL-ish.

BamaDelta said:
Well, I have to jump on you Tig 'cause....that's just what I do. :D Even your wife probably thinks you're a jerk at times. :wink:

I'll give you a bit of credit for now though so give us some. We're excited because of several reasons. For once we're not only able to compete in recruiting, but it looks like we may just nab 'em. I say "may" because obviously signing day is long away, and this whole new early signing situation is new to the college scene.

I'm skeptical because there is an entire season ahead of us, and these are all young kids. Young kids today don't necessarily respect and honor the word commitment like our generation did.

Even if they all come to Alabama the recruiting excitement must translate to making the grade and then learning the system and then producing on the field. Then, and only then will I truly believe we are completely over the hump.

We have a long way to go, but we are certainly headed in the right direction and a very positive and exciting one at that. I hope we have many big wins ahead of us, and the #1 on my list would be you know who.

Tennessee?

Tigrinum Major said:
porkchop said:

Haha, man we got a live one. And it doesn't like AOL so look out!

Tigrinum Major said:
BamaDelta said:

Tennessee?

Uh, no.

RollTideRandy said:
Tigrinum Major said:

BWAAAAAGAAAHAAAA!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom