| FTBL Talk about fan support, or rather, lack of fan support...

TerryP

Staff
In a news release from Colorado, David Plati (Ath. Dept. Spokesman) said they had sold @1300 of their alloted 12,000 tickets to the Indy Bowl.

But hey, there is always a silver lining in every cloud right? It's an improvement over their last bowl game two years ago when they sold less than 1000.

IF you are thinking about attending the game, good tickets should be plentiful.

To the Buff's defense, it is a 1000 mile, 19 hr and 37 min drive from Denver :D.

Whereas we have a 412 mile drive from Tuscaloosa, it says 6 hours, but I have a feeling you could reduce that time considering it looks like it's mostly interstate.

I can just see a convoy of Crimson Tide trimed vehicles going around 90 down I-70/I-20 :lol:

ghice said:
To the Buff's defense, it is a 1000 mile, 19 hr and 37 min drive from Denver :D.

Whereas we have a 412 mile drive from Tuscaloosa, it says 6 hours, but I have a feeling you could reduce that time considering it looks like it's mostly interstate.

I can just see a convoy of Crimson Tide trimed vehicles going around 90 down I-70/I-20 :lol:

I can see a convoy of Crimson Tide-trimmed vehicles pulled over on the shoulder of I-20 between Clinton and Vicksburg. The MSHP were having a field day eastbound and westbound last night between Bovina and Vicksburg.

Might want to check related thread; advice from a local on where to be careful.

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about25978.html

We should have a good number of students going, too. I believe they had a 2 for $25 ticket offer to Bama students. My boy's making the drive. I'm printing the speeder's guide to MS/LA from the other thread for him.

It Takes Eleven said:
We should have a good number of students going, too. I believe they had a 2 for $25 ticket offer to Bama students. My boy's making the drive. I'm printing the speeder's guide to MS/LA from the other thread for him.

Smart move.

Around Clinton (west of Jackson): from Springridge Rd exit to Natchez Trace exit, traveling west on I-20.

Near Vicksburg: stretch between Bovina and Vicksburg (approximately 6 miles). MSHP particularly like spots near weight stations & rest areas (both sides of I-20) east of Vicksburg (convenient makeshift turnaround in median);

And behind a stand of trees (to driver's left heading west) right beyond a curve immediately after you pass the Rolling Fork - Highway 61 N exit (just as one enters Vicksburg). Speed limit drops to 60 mph through here.

Outlaw said:
Natchez Trace. ;zzz ;zzz ;zzz ;zzz

:lol:

I know what you mean, Outlaw, though I like to travel the Trace when I don't have a certain time to be somewhere--always enjoy counting the wild turkeys along the way.

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting for anyone to take the Natchez Trace; I was only identifying a stretch of I-20 where one might likely get caught for speeding.

bear facts said:
Outlaw said:
Natchez Trace. ;zzz ;zzz ;zzz ;zzz

:lol:

I know what you mean, Outlaw, though I like to travel the Trace when I don't have a certain time to be somewhere--always enjoy counting the wild turkeys along the way.

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting for anyone to take the Natchez Trace; I was only identifying a stretch of I-20 where one might likely get caught for speeding.

Lol, no doubt. I used to play a game on the many 4 hour trips from Grenada to here. The ABC game. You go through the alphabet with signs on the side of the road. That, or you play the counting game. Count how many cows, horses, etc. you see. White horses counted extra. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom