| BSB/SB đźĄŽ~ Tuscaloosa Super Regional: OKC Bound! Alabama Softball Punches its 14th Ticket to Women’s College World Series

This weekend and last, Bama has its...near ace throwing well.

Murph needs to solve the Danielle Williams puzzle quickly.
I don’t think he’s that interested in solving the Williams puzzle. They were swinging way too early last night and still doing the same. Even though she struck out KC is the only batter that has adjusted to her.

Last edited:
Idiot commentator...1. Fouts wins the battle of Kansas. Dude, she's from Kentucky. 2. Murphy is going to have a difficult decision to make who starts tomorrow. No, he doesn't. Game 3, you go with Fouts. Duh!

Fouts with a gutsy performance there to close it out. Outside of Prange, we don’t have a consistent hitter on the roster. Survive and advance though ladies!!! No doubt that I would go with Fouts in the circle!!

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Tied at 1-1 in the seventh inning, a go-ahead RBI single from Ashley Prange gave Alabama the lead in the eventual 2-1 win over Northwestern, evening the Super Regional series and forcing a decisive game three on Sunday for a spot in next week's Women's College World Series.

This is the third time in program history that Alabama (44-20) has lost the opening game of a Super Regional series and rallied to take game two. In both previous instances, the Crimson Tide ended up winning game three (2011 vs. Stanford, 2015 vs. Oklahoma). First pitch for game three between Alabama and Northwestern (42-12) is set for 3:05 p.m. CT on ESPN.

Prange started the game with a leadoff double, moving to third on a sac bunt and coming home on a sac fly RBI from Bailey Dowling to put Alabama on the board in the top of the first. Northwestern threatened in the bottom of the third, loading the bases with two out before a 3-2 changeup from Jaala Torrence went for a called strike three as the Wildcats stranded the bases loaded and the Crimson Tide remained in front, 1-0.

Alabama stranded two runners on in both the fourth and fifth innings, unable to add to its one-run lead, before Northwestern tied it up in the bottom of the fifth with a one-out RBI single. Later with two on and one out, Montana Fouts (24-10) entered to pitch and retired the next two to limit the damage to one run as the game was now tied heading to the sixth.

Larissa Preuitt started the top of the seventh with a single to left and was sacrificed into scoring position in the next at-bat. On the third pitch of her at-bat, Prange sent the ball back up the middle as the speedy Preuitt rounded third and slid home to make it a 2-1 game. Down to their final three outs in the bottom of the seventh, the Wildcats went down in order, including back-to-back strikeouts to end the game.

Prange was 2-for-4 from the leadoff spot, her third two-hit performance in the last four games. Preuitt also had a pair of hits, her eighth multi-hit game of the season. Fouts earned the win in relief, throwing 2.2 shutout innings with three strikeouts.

From Head Coach Patrick Murphy

"That crowd was awesome. It is an unbelievable feeling to coach in an atmosphere like this. I credit the fans for coming out. It was a late Saturday night and magic happened at the Rhoads House. It was a great game between two really good teams. It was a dogfight the whole way and I'm really proud of our bunch. Jaala [Torrence] gave us a good start and Montana [Fouts] is just unreal. [Ashley] Prange got the big hit in the seventh and I thought our defense played really well tonight."

Idiot commentator...1. Fouts wins the battle of Kansas. Dude, she's from Kentucky. 2. Murphy is going to have a difficult decision to make who starts tomorrow. No, he doesn't. Game 3, you go with Fouts. Duh!

The whole Kansas comment had me rethinking my own knowledge of Fouts and such. I thought she was from Kentucky, but it really had me guessing myself.

Fouts with a gutsy performance there to close it out. Outside of Prange, we don’t have a consistent hitter on the roster. Survive and advance though ladies!!! No doubt that I would go with Fouts in the circle!!

I think you save her to come in mid-way. Torrance has thrown well. They can't guage Fouts well, but I question her ability to get through a whole game right now. I think she needs to be our relief/closer to hopefully secure a small lead sue to zero bats. If I saw correctlt, 99% of our lineup is under .300 for the year.

Back
Top Bottom