| MBB/WBB Sports reporters can’t stop acting like “news” reporters

Davestwin

Miller and the murder investigation have been a part of every Bama basketball report I’ve read since the story first broke. I get that it’s an important story and that many lives were impacted by the murder. However, I don’t get why the ESPN writer felt the need to bring it up in the piece he posted right after Bama had just engineered a generational type comeback victory. An improbable comeback victory against their biggest rival no less and a victory that locked up the SEC title. It would be different if Miller was about to be charged with a crime but from everything I’ve read, he’s not.

Full disclosure … I detest the lamestream media.They long ago destroyed the profession of journalism by becoming propagandists. Sadly, ESPN fell in lockstep with their “newsroom” brethren. Come on ESPN … how about sticking to what you know?

Depends on the story and sportscaster I guess. Carter with UGA and the crash that killed his teammate and the young lady that worked in their recruiting department. He has been charged with 2 misdemeanors being in a separate car, speculation is they were racing. I heard 1 ESPN guy say he was not going to jump to conclusions on Carter until the due process was complete, says he doesnt know Carters character and that he may be a great guy that made a one time bad decision...go figure. I dont know if he has but I havent heard him the on Miller situation either. It is Scott Van Pelt.

Last edited:
Miller and the murder investigation have been a part of every Bama basketball report I’ve read since the story first broke. I get that it’s an important story and that many lives were impacted by the murder. However, I don’t get why the ESPN writer felt the need to bring it up in the piece he posted right after Bama had just engineered a generational type comeback victory. An improbable comeback victory against their biggest rival no less and a victory that locked up the SEC title. It would be different if Miller was about to be charged with a crime but from everything I’ve read, he’s not.

Full disclosure … I detest the lamestream media.They long ago destroyed the profession of journalism by becoming propagandists. Sadly, ESPN fell in lockstep with their “newsroom” brethren. Come on ESPN … how about sticking to what you know?

Its a lot of "bama fatigue"
Anything and everything they can find negative on bama ...its gonna go on all season...
Till season is done and Miller gone....and may be some after...

That said....young people and guns....damn

I don’t think it’s Bama fatigue. If the info we now know about the Carter situation during the NC game they would be nothing, but talking about it. Bama BB is one of the top teams in the country, so they’re going to talk about it then add that UA handled it just about as bad as you can

Its a lot of "bama fatigue"
Anything and everything they can find negative on bama ...its gonna go on all season...
Till season is done and Miller gone....and may be some after...

That said....young people and guns....damn
Right, I’m not wanting to make light of the murder. I lost my mom to a murderer. But the authorities all say Miller isn’t going to be charged with anything. So I say keep writing about the murder and those being charged with the crime. Just leave Miller out of at least a few of the articles … like the ones about Bama pulling off a massive comeback against the tiggers!

Sometimes the media will continue to drag a story out just because they can. I do not think its Bama fatigue. IMO, it was a story, it was reported and CNO MAYBE could have handled the situation better IF HE KNEW details that he COULD SHARE. When you are dealing with student athletes or college students in general, laws have to be followed by the institution and people involved.

Back
Top Bottom