| FTBL Signs point to Dabo getting the Clemson HC job...

TerryP

Staff
Hear he's interviewing "formally" today for the job with their AD, Terry Don Phillips, and if all goes as expected he should have the "interim" tag pulled from his title early this week.

bamarooski said:
He has certainly saved what little season they had!

By beating their in-state rival! Good luck Dabo!

I really think South Carolina fans need to start some serious introspection about that team and their expectations. Considering how poorly their QB's have played the last few years...that just doesn't click with SOS being the head guy.

Also, word has it that USCjr is losing their QB coach to LK at UT.

But, Dabo...

Took over a team that was 3-3 and finished the year at 7-5. Not all world, but better.

That win put them in a bowl game. They certainly felt, before Bowden resigned, they wouldn't make it...and if they would have lost Saturday they wouldn't have.

TerryP said:
bamarooski said:
He has certainly saved what little season they had!

By beating their in-state rival! Good luck Dabo!

I really think South Carolina fans need to start some serious introspection about that team and their expectations. Considering how poorly their QB's have played the last few years...that just doesn't click with SOS being the head guy.

Also, word has it that USCjr is losing their QB coach to LK at UT.

But, Dabo...

Took over a team that was 3-3 and finished the year at 7-5. Not all world, but better.

That win put them in a bowl game. They certainly felt, before Bowden resigned, they wouldn't make it...and if they would have lost Saturday they wouldn't have.
Spot on Terry They will go bowling I guess that win over USC east certainly makes Fl. beatdown look a little overated now!

It certainly helps that Clemson will have a bowl invitation. That puts the Administration in a difficult spot with teams like State looking to grab a coach soon to salvage their own recruiting season. Clemson does not want the team fielded by their third coach in 7 games.

LBS said:
It certainly helps that Clemson will have a bowl invitation. That puts the Administration in a difficult spot with teams like State looking to grab a coach soon to salvage their own recruiting season. Clemson does not want the team fielded by their third coach in 7 games.

The thing that makes Bowden's 3-3 record so bad is that two of those wins were versus FCS schools. The came *that* close to sitting at home with a 6-6 record if they don't win over USCjr yesterday.

Even with their loss to Ga. Tech by 4, for it being Dabo's first shot running the show it certainly looks impressive in hindsight.

Now, that 14 point loss to Florida State...meh, not so much.

Having a W over BC who is in the title game along with the South Carolina win probably sealed the deal.

Porter said:
That is why they are Clemson. At least this will stop the, "Bring Dabo back to UA posts" though... at least until he's canned 4 years from now.

I've got respect for Dabo but if he wasn't good enough to be a assistant at Bama...I doubt he's good enough to be a HC. He might be like Tommy all over again, a good recruiter but no results to put it nicely.

Tider27 said:
Porter said:
That is why they are Clemson. At least this will stop the, "Bring Dabo back to UA posts" though... at least until he's canned 4 years from now.

I've got respect for Dabo but if he wasn't good enough to be a assistant at Bama...I doubt he's good enough to be a HC. He might be like Tommy all over again, a good recruiter but no results to put it nicely.

Unless I'm mistaken, Saban offered him a job, but chose to stay at Clemson.

Clemson has done well in the past with former Bama Grads/Asst coaches. One of them got Clemson a NC.

Bama Bo said:
Tider27 said:
Porter said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Saban offered him a job, but chose to stay at Clemson.

Clemson has done well in the past with former Bama Grads/Asst coaches. One of them got Clemson a NC.

I'm pretty sure it was an "off the field" position despite reports. If it was an on the field position though, then I'm thankful he turned it down.

RollTideRandy said:
I don't think Dubose was that fond of Dabo. One of the first things he did after taking over for Stallings was to demote him to TE coach.

Dabo had WR and TE's under Stallings in '96. Just TE's in '97 then back to just WR's in '98. McCorvey had the WR's in '97.

Crazy note to add to this thread RE: DuBose. He brought Johnson to Bama in '97, at Clemson "96.

Back
Top Bottom