| FTBL Scout's Projected SEC starting lineups

G

http://cfn.scout.com/2/759268.html

Alabama

QB 14 John Parker Wilson, 6-2, 213, Sr.
RB 29 Terry Grant, 5-10, 188, So.
FB 34 Jeramie Griffin, 6-0, 225, RFr.
WR 80 Mike McCoy, 6-3, 199, Jr.
Position Spotlight: The receivers will get a few chances to produce, but if McCoy and Darius Hanks aren't great right away, the superstar recruits could quickly take over. The Tide fans can't wait to see Julio Jones get on the field, and it'll be up to the veterans to be good enough to provide John Parker Wilson with steady options.
WR 15 Darius Hanks, 6-0, 190, So.
TE 88 Nick Walker, 6-5, 255 Sr.
OT 79 Drew Davis, 6-7, 276, Jr.
OG 76 Marlon Davis, 6-4, 290, Sr.
C 59 Antoine Caldwell, 6-2, 292, Sr.
OG 78 Michael Johnson, 6-6, 298, Jr.
OT 71 Andre Smith, 6-5, 340, Jr.
PK 99 Leigh Tiffin, 6-1, 198, Jr.

DE 93 Bobby Greenwood, 6-5, 267, Sr.
NG 97 Lorenzo Washington, 6-4, 283, Jr.
DE 95 Brandon Deaderick, 6-4, 286, Jr.
LB 55 Chavis Williams, 6-4, 214, So.
LB 25 Rolando McClain, 6-4, 255, So.
LB 10 Jimmy Johns, 6-2, 233, Sr.
LB 98 Brandon Fanney, 6-4, 241, Jr.
CB 28 Javier Arenas, 5-9, 193, Jr.
SS 27 Justin Woodall, 6-2, 224, Jr.
FS 49 Rashad Johnson, 6-0, 187, Sr.
CB 3 Kareem Jackson, 5-11, 185, So.
P 97 P.J. Fitzgerald, 5-11, 194, Jr

I like Arenas as a kick returner and maybe as a nickel back, but if he is starting at corner I think we have some real trouble at DB. We may see a true freshman at that spot. I also think Cody or Motley will start at NT and I’m not sure about Woodall at SS. The rest looks OK except I can say I won’t even begin to guess at the LBs outside of McClain and Fanney.

RollTideRandy said:
I like Arenas as a kick returner and maybe as a nickel back, but if he is starting at corner I think we have some real trouble at DB. We may see a true freshman at that spot. I also think Cody or Motley will start at NT and I’m not sure about Woodall at SS. The rest looks OK except I can say I won’t even begin to guess at the LBs outside of McClain and Fanney.

I disagree a bit....Arenas is a natural to the ball and has a ton of potential at corner. I don't know that he is a true "shut down" corner, but he is as good as we have had in recent memory.

I also see Julio starting - probably against Clemson. He will be the most physically talented WR we have when he walks onto campus, and he is very driven...probably already has his routes memorized.

A lot of people are concerned about putting expectations too high for him, but I don't think that is an issue with predicting him to be the starter. I don't mean to insult our current players but the reality is that His ability is so far above his peers that he can be starting on day one by default. DJ was our best receiver in 2007 and he did not get drafted. Julio would have gotten drafted in the first three rounds coming out of high school. 6'4 & 215 with a 315 bench and 500+ squat, and a 40"+ vertical...even if he does not know the routes 100% he should be on the field.

lets see Jackson started as a freshman and zo lawrence was the 2nd best CB in the nation coming out of high school yet he doesn't start? I don't even want to get into the Tyler Love, Julio Jones and Jarell Harris converstation right now.

I'd say we will have 3 starting freshmen against Clemson and by midseason we will be up to 4 or 5. By the end of the season we could have around 9 or 10 freshmen that contributed thoughout the season.

Columnist don't understand that this is Sabans first class he is ready to prove how great his recruits are compared to what he has last season. Not to mention to show upcoming recruits they have a chance to start as freshmen.

if i had to predict id say we'd see up to 3 freshmen starting opening day (Julio, Harris, & Cody) and maybe even Love & Zo by midseason. im still holding out hope Prince Hall & Zeke Knight will be able to play this year. if they are, then LB will be alot better off.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Does anyone else think that M. Baron will see some serious playing time early in the season? Also, RollTideRandy where have you been sir? I have not seen you post anything in quite some time.

Yes, Barron will see his share of PT, and barring anything unexpected, I see him taking over the SS spot before the Georgia game. I think in '09 he'll probably slide up to OLB.

Another guy that is being overlooked by folks is Marcel Dareus. He will be getting a ton of playing time at DE. The kid is a freak, and without a doubt the most underrated signee from the '08 class.

jocephus8179 said:
What about Burton Scott? I think we could see him starting mid season. IMHO

He'll certainly be right there in the mix. He is a play maker of the highest order, so they will find ways to get him the ball.

Back
Top Bottom