| FTBL Sad news from Jacksonville State Marching Southerners

G

Due to the backlash from the Ga. Tech game, the Southerners are scrapping the Soviet Union flags that are part of their Russian music show.

The irony...those who are saying that the Soviet flags are offensive cite the oppression suffered by the people under the communist regime - are now effectively censoring creative expression by pressuring the Southerners for the removal of the flags.

Some have gone so far as to parallel the Soviet flag to the Swastika. Rick and Bubba piled on...

If ignorance is bliss, there are some happy people out there.

It is very disrespectful to twirl a country's flag. That is why you never see the US flag used by flag teams. I was wondering why the fuss they were disrespecting the flag the whole time they were using it in the show.

BamaHubMan said:
It is very disrespectful to twirl a country's flag. That is why you never see the US flag used by flag teams. I was wondering why the fuss they were disrespecting the flag the whole time they were using it in the show.

Can we protest the other countries that burn our flag? I'm pretty sure that's disrespectful.

I didn't know Joseph Mcarthy went to Ga Tech

As a Former Southerner instead of defending the Soviet flag i would like to bring to your attention the flags of their state.

old-georgia.jpg

This used to be their state flag until a few years ago. It was changed becuase of basically the same reason they didn't like our soviet flags. It represented bad things that happened a long time ago. Keep in mind this only looks like the Confederate BATTLE flag not the national flag.

So they change it to this:

georgia_flag.jpg

Which is almost an exact copy of this

stars_ba.gif

This is the Stars and Bars. And it as much of you know was one of the NATIONAL flags of the confederacy.

Anyone catch where im going with this?

WHUP TROY! WHUP GA TECH!!! BLOW SOUTHERNERS!

Something tells me that some fancy-pants band director aimed a little high on the sophistication scale when he planned the halftime show.

Lesson-learned? You can never go wrong with a good, old-fashioned Van Halen medley.

reger60 said:
Something tells me that some fancy-pants band director aimed a little high on the sophistication scale when he planned the halftime show.

Lesson-learned? You can never go wrong with a good, old-fashioned Van Halen medley.

If you want to be really radical, throw in some Ozzie.

psychojoe said:
reger60 said:

If you want to be really radical, throw in some Ozzie.

Who doesn't appreciate a clarinet playing "Crazy Train"? :D

Back
Top Bottom