| FTBL JSU Marching Southerners have confused Ga Tech fans

G

The Southerners are playing music from the Bond film "From Russia With Love," which was set in in the USSR during communist rule. Bond generally found himself against the soviets. The color guard at JSU used flags with the hammer and sickle on them. Musically unsavvy techsters are convinced that it has something to do with Russia invading Georgia.

No joke.

Here is a video from JSU's bandcamp. It amazes me that they could not make the connection. Even stranger is that some tech fans seem to think that the flag of the USSR is as offensive as the swastika... not much basis for that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClLnbuMnRiY[/youtube]

Whethere or not they knew, we'll probably never find out. Regardless, I found it pretty funny that Ga Tech fans got upset.

Big_Fan said:
The Southerners are playing music from the Bond film "From Russia With Love," which was set in in the USSR during communist rule. Bond generally found himself against the soviets. The color guard at JSU used flags with the hammer and sickle on them. Musically unsavvy techsters are convinced that it has something to do with Russia invading Georgia.

No joke.

Here is a video from JSU's bandcamp. It amazes me that they could not make the connection. Even stranger is that some tech fans seem to think that the flag of the USSR is as offensive as the swastika... not much basis for that.

Good grief! That is friggin hilarious! :lol: Poor Techmites.

bamafan4ever said:
Big_Fan said:

No joke.

Good grief! That is friggin hilarious! :lol: Poor Techmites.

Given the fact that JSU colorguard is huge - and those flags are not cheap - they must think that JSU has money to burn if they honestly believe that they bought those flags for one game.

I marched with JSU in 02,03 and 04. Alabama A&M did the same thing when we played Dixie in the the stands.

WHUP TROY! WHUP GA TECH FANS!!! BLOW SOUTHERNERS!!

Georgia Tech fans are stupid

Ken Bodiford at UA working with the MDB

For all of you JSU Southerners fans, I heard that Ken Bodiford is working on his doctorate at UA and working with the Million Dollar Band this fall. And the MDB is NOT morphing in to a copy of JSU. It's business as usual for the MDB this fall.

Re: Ken Bodiford at UA working with the MDB

BamaAlum50 said:
For all of you JSU Southerners fans, I heard that Ken Bodiford is working on his doctorate at UA and working with the Million Dollar Band this fall. And the MDB is NOT morphing in to a copy of JSU. It's business as usual for the MDB this fall.

Ken is at Alabama working on his PhD. I believe it is necessary for him to assume the dept. head position at JSU.

Having Ken on campus can only mean good things for the MDB. Ken is respectful of different band styles and would not try to reshape the MDB. I played 20J at JSU, and have known KB for 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom