| FTBL Saban Sets Timetable for QB Announcement

TheChief

Verified Member
Alabama Coach Nick Saban announced last night he has indeed set a timetable for the much awaited announcement on who will be the Tide's signal caller this season.

The battle seems to be between the experienced and steady Cooper Bateman and electric Jalen Hurts.

"We've set a time to announce," Saban said. "Right now, it's eight p.m. on Saturday, September 3rd."

Saban continued by saying he will first distribute tiny slips of paper with the starter's name written in block script to each fan in attendance at the game, if they are standing, wearing Bama gear, and cheering for the Tide. Slackers who are sitting will be skipped. Next, an announcement will be made on the PA system at the stadium. And finally, television and radio announcers will be given the entire lineups.

Barring this plan, Saban said he may announce sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly Thursday, but definitely not Monday, maybe Friday, and at the very latest Saturday.

This is satire. This is not true. I had nothing better to write at this time. All this is why there is no dateline. I could not post in the thread about indecision at qb, because I don't have the "sufficient privileges" so I made this wonderful thread that's much better than the other thread anyway, and I didn't really want to post in that stupid thread in the first place. And furthermore, everything in this thread might be true only we just don't know it yet.

Valley, Al. Three Alabama cities that I know of west of the Chattahoochee river, on EST. Plenty of georgia and auburn fans around these here parts. But we be representing. :bamadance:
Just like @TUSKstuff said, a tip of Alabama is EST. Still can't understand why this is so? But I still think that Auburn is in Georgia. While Atlanta was burning someone from Georgia move the state-line west a tad. :D

Lo and behold, wouldn't you know it, I found the complete article. It seems a reporter noticed the same thing about the time:

Alabama Coach Nick Saban announced last night he has indeed set a timetable for the much awaited announcement on who will be the Tide's signal caller this season.

The battle seems to be between the experienced and steady Cooper Bateman and electric Jalen Hurts.

"We've set a time to announce," Saban said. "Right now, it's eight p.m. on Saturday, September 3rd."

When one of the reporters asked him about the time and mentioned that Dallas is in Central time, Saban began to grow agitated. But to his credit, he answered the question with patience.

"We talked about the time," Saban began. "We talked about seven, aight, and, in fact, you know, that is the time for the kickoff. OUT THERE. So, we thought, if we say seven, then when seven hits in New York, Boston, Atlanta, we're gonna start getting calls.

"So we've got this dillema, and you guys, you guys are gonna be askin'. I know, you know it, we all know it. So, we went with the time on the east coast. And if anyone has a problem with it, that's okay. This is our team. We want to win the game. We're not going to do things one way just so everybody else can say one thing and then we won't be able to do what we need to do. We need to win the game. We want to get better, aight. "

"So, you'll know at eight... Eastern."

Saban continued by saying he will first distribute tiny slips of paper with the starter's name written in block script to each fan in attendance at the game, if they are standing, wearing Bama gear, and cheering for the Tide. Slackers who are sitting will be skipped. Next, an announcement will be made on the PA system at the stadium. And finally, television and radio announcers will be given the entire lineups.

Barring this plan, Saban said he may announce sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly Thursday, but definitely not Monday, maybe Friday, and at the very latest Saturday.

Yeah Phoenix City is Eastern. Found that out the hard way an hr late for an appointment.
If you have one in Opelika, Al, then you better ask if it EST or CST. But PC is all CST it just that part of Chambers County, beside Valley, here are the other that go on EST: Fairfax, Langdale, River View, and Shawmut.

If you have one in Opelika, Al, then you better ask if it EST or CST. But PC is all CST it just that part of Chambers County, beside Valley, here are the other that go on EST: Fairfax, Langdale, River View, and Shawmut.

Those are smaller textile mill villages that grouped together in 1980 and they call this the city of Valley. However Lanett, Al. is the other larger city connecting Valley and then West Point, GA., home of Kia, connects Lanett. All EST.

Phenix City, including municipal govt, and area within 10-15 mile radius, that would also include the city of Smith Station, also observe EST on a de facto basis. It again was the textile mill work causing these cities to sync up the time.

Back
Top Bottom