| FTBL Saban not happy with new recruiting rules...

I

imported_Porter

The one thing these other schools forgot to factor in though, is now that he won't be on the road as much, he'll just be in the football complex game planning and making the team better via other means. It isn't like he's going to just use the free time to go duck hunting or vacation on the beach... he's still going to work his ass off... and in the end, he's still going to bring in better recruiting classes than those who tried to slow him down (*cough* Auburn).

LINK

It's amazing to me. Just because these other coaches are to lazy or just don't think the spring evals are needed, they want to make the coaches who don't mind doing them stop.

I'm glad the most successful coaches at recruiting spoke out against this. What's even funnier about coaches not thinking spring evals are needed is that those very same coaches aren't the front runners of CFB. So shouldn't that send a message to those for this new rule?!

A football article on a stock trading site...how did you end up finding that Porter?

One thing this brings into play is it puts a great premium on the quality of Asst. coaches the school has...their ability to evaluate talent and recruit.

I'm curious as to what kinds of changes we'll see over this spring and the future (if the run ends up staying in place) in efforts to get more kids to visit our camps, what kind of events we'll see for the coaches (High School) that will attract them to campus.

What no one seems to be bringing up in all the discussions I've read about this rule change is the teams that it'll have the greatest effect on will be those with brand new coaching staffs.

TerryP said:
A football article on a stock trading site...how did you end up finding that Porter?

I was waiting for that to come up. :lol: I was going to link it direct to the Anniston Star, but it is a subscription site, so I chose the other site instead. Why they have the story on their site, I haven't a clue.

I was thinking about this in more detail last night and took some time to make some comparisons to how things were done in the past, re: visits to high schools by HC's.

One thing that is definitely going to be missed is the ability for Saban to evaluate these guys in practice. BUT, he shifted his attn. a bit this past winter and made quite a few visits to schools in January.

I suspect, and we'll see if this comes to fruition next winter, that we'll see Saban making more visits in December and when he can in January...specifically, with Sophomores and Juniors in mind.

I realize their is a dead period in this time frame...what I haven't researched is does that dead period apply to only Seniors and then leaves contact with Soph's and Jr's open?

IF it does, you can expect rumors to start about Saban visiting recruits for the upcoming class during a dead period when in fact he may be at their school but talking with their teammates.

Porter said:
TerryP said:

I was waiting for that to come up. :lol: I was going to link it direct to the Anniston Star, but it is a subscription site, so I chose the other site instead. Why they have the story on their site, I haven't a clue.

Pretty much anything Creg does can be found here too.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/221 <--great news site for Bama articles.

He's a busy guy. We've emailed each other some.
Here is his blog. He needs to update it.
http://bamabeat.blogspot.com/

Someone above hit the nail on the head. Now a lot is going to depend on the assistant coaches. Since CNS can't be there to observe in person, I am sure he has devised a check list of things that he wants the assistants to observe and comment on when they are visiting schools. A great coach will change amd adapt with rule changes.

BamaHeat said:
Porter said:
TerryP said:

Pretty much anything Creg does can be found here too.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/221 <--great news site for Bama articles.

He's a busy guy. We've emailed each other some.
Here is his blog. He needs to update it.
http://bamabeat.blogspot.com/

Good deal, I'll try to remember that.

Advantage still with Alabama.

First, the importance of good recruiting assistant coaches is increased and CNS has the best (literally).

Second, instead of evaluating in the Spring, they eval in the fall. Example, CNS had a chance to see A.J. while recruiting the others.

Third, Camps will be emphasized more so up-coming HS Juniors participation will be the player's way to draw attention from the schools that they want to be serious about them.

Back
Top Bottom