| FTBL Saban designs a 200K Mercedes Benz tailgating van.

TerryP

Staff

You probably know Nick Saban as the coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, but he's also a van interior designer.

That's right, for the bargain price of $200,000 you can own a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van with an interior designed by Nick Saban -- complete with Saban's signature stitched into the headrests of every seat. The van is available at Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham -- which Saban co-owns.

The specs on the van are pretty absurd, per AL.com:

The nine-passenger luxury van is decked out with three TVs, high-tech audio and video systems and a cooler. Other premium touches include hardwood flooring, high-grain leather and massage chairs.

Priced at $200,000, the new vehicle was designed with tailgating, corporate entertaining and family travel in mind. It's a limited edition series, with 15 to be produced for the 2015-2016 college football season.

Issues I have with the value you get with this van aside -- I can't imagine you'll have that many uses for it outside of football season, but maybe that's a me problem and I need more friends and places to go with six to eight of them more often -- it does sound really sweet, and let's be honest I'm over thinking this because if you're buying a $200,000 van you probably aren't concerned with how much value you're getting.

Three TVs, a built in cooler and a top of the line sound and video system are all pretty nice amenities, but one thing stands out above the rest. HARDWOOD FLOORING.

A Nick Saban van isn't just going to give you some upholstery and carpet. A Nick Saban van has hardwood flooring and massage chairs made of the finest leathers known to man. A Nick Saban van knows that sometimes it's the details that count the most. A Nick Saban van knows that Nick Saban's signature belongs on the headrest of every seat -- not just in this van, but in every vehicle across America.

A Nick Saban van wants you to pass on the Jack Daniels and Jim Beam and get blackout drunk on Johnnie Walker Blue Label because, dammit, you can afford a van with hardwood floors so don't skimp on the booze. A Nick Saban van wants you to sleep off that day drunk you got going before Alabama hung 60 on Middle Tennessee State in a leather massage chair.

A Nick Saban van wants you to trust The Process.

CBSSports.com report

Back
Top Bottom