| FTBL Rival’s article shows player recruiting rankings don’t translate to the NFL more often than not.

Davestwin

Rival’s article provides the high school rankings of the Super Bowl starters for both teams. Amazingly, there are far, far, far more unranked and Two Star players than Five Star players. For that matter there are far, far more unranked, Two and Three Star players represented than Four and Five Star on the SB teams. Amazing!

There are actually very few 5* recruits compared to lesser stars and unranked that play CFB and in the NFL

It only makes sense there would be fewer in the SB

I think I read somewhere there have been less than 300 5* rated football recruits in the past 10 years

32 53 man rosters means there is a shit ton of room left because the average NFL career is just a little over 3 years

That means the 1696 man total NFL roster turns over almost 3 times with less than 300 5* total in that time

There are actually very few 5* recruits compared to lesser stars and unranked that play CFB and in the NFL

It only makes sense there would be fewer in the SB

I think I read somewhere there have been less than 300 5* rated football recruits in the past 10 years

32 53 man rosters means there is a shit ton of room left because the average NFL career is just a little over 3 years

That means the 1696 man total NFL roster turns over almost 3 times with less than 300 5* total in that time
fbd.jpg

I think it has to do with mind set. I would like to see Saban's five stars that make it vs those that don't.

So many of these kids come out of HS and were athletically superior to all the talent around them. They get to college and that weeds out a bunch of super talented kids. They have never had to work hard and when it is required of them, they don't know what to do. It's like study habits. If you breeze through HS academically and then get challenged in college, you better figure out how to study (learn) or your ass is going home.

I would be willing to bet you that Saban's 5 stars make it, more often than not. Simply because in the recruiting process he knows if they will "fit" the program that is established and will work to get better.

What's the average number of draftees a team normally signs? IF we take the least number we could (seven for the seven rounds and not including UDFA) we'd see seven for each team, right? IF we also look at 247's ranking system, they have 32 5 stars each cycle for each of the 32 NFL teams.

Simple math, right? One of every seven is a 5 star and that's with right at 1700 players on active rosters. I know the math isn't exact, but the picture should be fairly clear.

It's another recycled article we see every year for the SB which really isn't new news or news worthy.

Anyone can tell you that football is a TEAM sport, not a sport of individuals. The coach that can get his/her players to play together with a common focus is the one who will win. Coach Bryant didn’t have a lot of five-star recruits (recruits weren’t ranked then) but he got his less athletic players to play better and his stars to play as a team.

Back
Top Bottom