| FTBL Rick Burgess' son found dead in pool

Swamptick

Verified Member
I know this might belong in the Houndstooth Den, but I knew it would get more traction here at first. Sorry if it does not belong here.

Radio personality Rick Burgess and his wife Sherri lost their youngest son in a drowning accident in their home swimming pool. He was just shy of 3 years old. William Bronner Burgess was lovingly refered to as "Cornbread" on the show.

For those of you who don't know Rick from the Rick and Bubba show, he is an outstanding man and a fine Christian. This loss will be a serious blow to him as he is VERY family oriented.

For those of you who pray, I ask that you keep Rick, Sherri and their other 4 children in your prayers during this time.

There is more funeral service info at www.rickandbubba.com.

-Colin

My Dad called and told me about this yesterday. How very sad. I listen to their show daily, and they seem like part of the family. I can't imagine losing a child, so I've been, and will continue to, pray for God to comfort them like only He can.

I found out a few more details for those intersted.

Rick was out of town for a Christian conference he was preaching at in Gatlinburg. His wife, Sherri, was looking for Bronner and found the door open. She rushed to the pool instinctively where she found Bronner. She pulled him out and called 911 and their neighbor who is a doctor. When EMT got on scene the doctor was working with Bronner already but no efforts were able to revive him.

Instead of flowers the family is asking that donations be made to the William Bronner Burgess foundation.

There is a service for the public in Tuesday. Details at their website. Rick is going to speak at the service which he insists be called a "Celebration Service".

When he got off the plane and saw Bubba there, he told them "It is well with my soul".

Back
Top Bottom